Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bidcents.net

• 09-12-2008 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Can't work out how I came across this, but anyway. The site is bidcent.net - I think it is originally Finnish (Sentti.com, maybe). Technically it provides bargains - you can buy stuff at a fraction of the cost. But the system is strange and took me a while to fathom. You pay around 70 cents per bid, and you are only allowed to increment 1 cent.

I reckon they are making a fortune, given that there is stuff there going for €700.00 at the moment.

However, it must be only suckers bidding, someone is always going to bid a little higher than you as long as it is just less than retail.

I also reckon that there are staff bidding for free as well, given that I've seen people put in over one hundred bids.

It kind of looks like a totally legit scam, where they actually DO send you out the stuff you win.

Anyone think it is worth buying a few bids for? You get two for free anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Gerbud

rgunning wrote: »
    Can't work out how I came across this, but anyway. The site is bidcent.net - I think it is originally Finnish (Sentti.com, maybe). Technically it provides bargains - you can buy stuff at a fraction of the cost. But the system is strange and took me a while to fathom. You pay around 70 cents per bid, and you are only allowed to increment 1 cent.

I reckon they are making a fortune, given that there is stuff there going for €700.00 at the moment.

However, it must be only suckers bidding, someone is always going to bid a little higher than you as long as it is just less than retail.

I also reckon that there are staff bidding for free as well, given that I've seen people put in over one hundred bids.

It kind of looks like a totally legit scam, where they actually DO send you out the stuff you win.

Anyone think it is worth buying a few bids for? You get two for free anyway.

Is this a bargain alert?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Website doesn't work... gives me.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/admin/public_html/ip_files/192.php on line 10925

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

ibtl27bf23xd0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

This is the 'bargain alert'.

Maybe you ask for it to be put in the 'online shopping' under scams. :D

Boo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement