Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New barber open in Artane Castle?

Options
  • 09-12-2008 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Anybody know if the new barber is open in Artaine Castle yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Do yourself a favour and walk 200 mtrs up the Kilmore Rd and visit HAIRWAYS barbers for a real hair cut by a real, old school Dublin barber.

Here's some PHOTO's from the shop. He's mad about aviation!.

You'll thank me for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

I have been there about 2 or 3 times and always got a terrible while i sat thee listening to yer man ****e on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I have been there about 2 or 3 times and always got a terrible while i sat thee listening to yer man ****e on

Oh well, he seem's popular enough with a full shop and great cut whenever I'm there.

I enjoy the banter, but then I'm a happy go luck friendly fella myself ;)

To answer your question, I've no idea about the barbers in the S.C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

You saying im not happy go lucky? :mad: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Good barber on Malahide Rd about 5 minutes walk from Artaine Castle

I forget the name of the business but it's above Apache Artane
    http://www.apache.ie/apache_stores/Artane/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gerryCan

Mairt wrote: »
    Do yourself a favour and walk 200 mtrs up the Kilmore Rd and visit HAIRWAYS barbers for a real hair cut by a real, old school Dublin barber.

Here's some PHOTO's from the shop. He's mad about aviation!.

You'll thank me for it.
    I've been going to Hairways Barbers on the Kilmore Road for years and I am very happy with what I get.
    I recently moved to Balbriggan but still make my way back to Alan for a haircut.

The shop is fantastic! Full of aircraft models and everything related to aviation. (He gets a lot of pilots in who give him stuff.)

I once went to the Boston Barbers at the back of the Hilton on the Northern Cross (Alan was away) and I would never go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 red socks

There is no Boston Barbers at the back of the Hilton so how were you there....maybe you own Hairways and dont like competition ??:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gerryCan

red socks wrote: »
    There is no Boston Barbers at the back of the Hilton so how were you there....maybe you own Hairways and dont like competition ??:)

OK so its not called the boston barbers (I thought it was.... my mistake) It must be a different barbers then.

As for owning Hairways. Jesus you must be very paranoid. I get the name wrong on one shop so I own the other!!!!!!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

mikemac wrote: »
    Good barber on Malahide Rd about 5 minutes walk from Artaine Castle

I forget the name of the business but it's above Apache Artane
    http://www.apache.ie/apache_stores/Artane/

Tommy's.

Before I went baldy, I used to go there.

Is the youngfella the son of the aulfella?

They do be in The Goblet pub sometimes too.

Sound lads, loads of football paraphenalia around the shop.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Another vote for Tommy's,I get my hair cut in here if I am not getting it done in the city.Its a good football barbers but a little to much Manc memorabilia for my liking.

Des I always taught they were father and son but I am not sure.

I have never heard of this spot on the Kilmore Road I will have to check it out,were is it..?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dub13 wrote: »
    I have never heard of this spot on the Kilmore Road I will have to check it out,were is it..?

It's at the Ardlea Rd Kilmore Rd junction, just to the left of the lights.

Advertisement