Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rockwool Flexi For Timber Stud Partitions.

• 09-12-2008 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi

I have just had some rockwool flexi slabs delivered for using in first floor studwork of a block dormer.

The depth of the rockwool is 50mm which would allow me in theory to use 2 pieces between each stud (and only half the coverage :().

As its not that cheap, I wondered if there are any benefits of doubling it since the rockwool flexi slabs 50mm slabs are already supposed to be equivalent to 100mm rockwool rolls.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

i used a product called metac, its made in ireland and i found it good to install.

i got it for around 48 euro a roll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Hi

I have just had some rockwool flexi slabs delivered for using in first floor studwork of a block dormer.

The depth of the rockwool is 50mm which would allow me in theory to use 2 pieces between each stud (and only half the coverage :().

As its not that cheap, I wondered if there are any benefits of doubling it since the rockwool flexi slabs 50mm slabs are already supposed to be equivalent to 100mm rockwool rolls.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

I would put in the 100mm now.
    Passive insulation like this is the best/most cost effective/best ROI way to save energy, assuming you make it airtight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭iamlegend2008

Hi Carlow

The dormer has a full airtight membrane applied but Im confused about how I would make the rockwool bewteen the studs airtight.

I was considering stapling sheets of plastic to the studs to keep the rockwool in place for the next week or two until the slabber arrives.

Is this recommended ?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Hi Carlow

The dormer has a full airtight membrane applied but Im confused about how I would make the rockwool bewteen the studs airtight.

I was considering stapling sheets of plastic to the studs to keep the rockwool in place for the next week or two until the slabber arrives.

Is this recommended ?

Thanks

If the walls in question are the vertical, internal walls in the dormer that meet the slope in roof then I assume the airtight membrane is along the slope so no need to replicate.
    If u do put additional plastic sheets on, ensure they are on the inner.warm, room side and not the outer cold, attic space side. u could use slating lathes to hold in the stuff on a temp basis

if in doubt come back or PM me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Check with Rockwool for sound proofing of 50mm V's 100mm, then decide.
    2 slabs of plaster on one side of the stud, lapped joints will greatly improve sound insulation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement