Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP5 Strange Smell

Options
  • 09-12-2008 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭

Just been firing a few rounds through my MP5 to discharge the battery
    Noticed a strange smell whcih appear to be coming from the grip(the bit by the trigger) best way I an describe the smell is.. It smells like scalectrix(that weird car on track game)
    Any idea what might be causing it?
    Is my mp5 likely to pack it in?
    Also is there a better way to discharge a battery?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

is it a JG/Cybergun? I've read a few times now, a lot of peoples complaints of an overwhelmingly plastic type smell out of the box....

edit: Sorry, for some reason I read that as being a new gun.

A smart charger will discharge the battery for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,017 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Doomofman wrote: »
    Just been firing a few rounds through my MP5 to discharge the battery
    Noticed a strange smell whcih appear to be coming from the grip(the bit by the trigger) best way I an describe the smell is.. It smells like scalectrix(that weird car on track game)
    Any idea what might be causing it?
    Is my mp5 likely to pack it in?
    Also is there a better way to discharge a battery?

It's the motor.

Buy a battery discharger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

is it a JG/Cybergun? I've read a few times now, a lot of peoples complaints of an overwhelmingly plastic type smell out of the box....

A smart charger will discharge the battery for you.

Don;t have a smart charger...

Yeah it's a Cybergun.. bought it from eirsoft a while back.. Never been skirmished or anything but want the battery discharged for saturday so i was firing into a tube.. Handle smells kinda plasticy/electricy..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Is the Mp5 new? Newer guns have that smell for a while if memory serves me right.. (haven't bought one in aaaaaaaaaaages!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

I miss the new gun smell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I miss the new gun smell.
    Me too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

zero19 wrote: »
    Is the Mp5 new? Newer guns have that smell for a while if memory serves me right.. (haven't bought one in aaaaaaaaaaages!)

Well, I bought it a few months ago but haven't skirmished with it and only fired maybe a couple of hundred rounds through it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭moggser

Doomofman wrote: »
    Well, I bought it a few months ago but haven't skirmished with it and only fired maybe a couple of hundred rounds through it

it should be just the new gun smell as it does take more then a few hundred rounds to break it in

even tell ya about the smell in the manual

Advertisement