Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Duffy today

• 09-12-2008 7:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭

The disgusting murder of a man by what would appear to be a young teenager get 15 mins airtime while the fact that poor little Johnny in the U.S. isn't getting "authentic" Galtee rashers in the hamper his Mammy sends to him gets practically the majority of the show.

Pathetic prioritising. Duffy trying to whip the housewives of Ireland into indignation as he bleats, for the 10th time (with his annoying half laughing style that indicates he's not taking it too seriously) "Are youse REALLY telling me that de rashers aren't from Eyeorland !!!!".

"I am Joe. And I've being buying dem hampers for 30 years. Tis a disgrace"

Not its not missus. The quick dismissal of a blatantly more important story is the disgrace.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Dont get me wrong but, the majority of people in this sh*t hole would be more interested in their bacon roll than that poor guy getting shot ...if it doesnt directly affect them ..they dont care....
    Myself i'm sickened by this new indifference to shootings/stabbings ....eotd the gardai dont give a crap ...and people dont really care either....its the world we've made ...:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I found the Galtee swindle interesting and surprising and enjoyed the levity it brought to the show. The East Wall drama was well covered on all of the other current event shows both yesterday and today and in fairness to G.Ryan, Kenny, Hook etc. the matter was dealt with thoroughly and delicately enough considering the legal minefield such early moral ambush on this particular case could cause. There are a lot of people in that area in knowledge of who exactly pulled the trigger, how old they are and where they're from and the format of Joe's show could well lead to a caller's emotional slips that could both jeopordise the Garda investigation and fuel kneejerk local reaction against a rivalling part of town.
    I would imagine Joe's team are preparing themselves for a carefully controlled show on this topic. If not...well as said previously: It is getting broad coverage on other shows on the station that Joe works for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

humberklog wrote: »
    I found the Galtee swindle interesting and surprising and enjoyed the levity it brought to the show. The East Wall drama was well covered on all of the other current event shows both yesterday and today and in fairness to G.Ryan, Kenny, Hook etc. the matter was dealt with thoroughly and delicately enough considering the legal minefield such early moral ambush on this particular case could cause. There are a lot of people in that area in knowledge of who exactly pulled the trigger, how old they are and where they're from and the format of Joe's show could well lead to a caller's emotional slips that could both jeopordise the Garda investigation and fuel kneejerk local reaction against a rivalling part of town.
    I would imagine Joe's team are preparing themselves for a carefully controlled show on this topic. If not...well as said previously: It is getting broad coverage on other shows on the station that Joe works for.

Go the Humber ! Agree with you here..the Dufficer probably had the hands tied on this one...hopefully they will follow up on what that Phillips guy said re the pork crisis.....who messed up and will any heads roll ?

Advertisement