Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Director Withdrawals

• 09-12-2008 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,
    I have a company that I lodged some money to when I set it up. That money is noted in the company accounts as "Shares Allocated". I'm the only shareholder in the company, but my question is what is the procedure if I now wish to withdraw these funds. The company doesn't need that moeny anymore.
    Thanks for any help!!! Trying to get hold of my accountant is my other challenge :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

you need your accountants advice really as there are tax implications here.

you cannot take drawings from a company. you can pay yourself a wage or directors salary. there is another option if the company has assets belonging to you but im not an accountant so cant give much info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 charleston

Thanks for the advice. I eventually got my accountant today, so it turns out it is okay to just take it out as the money already had it's tax paid on it....

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

For some reason that sounds like an undistributed dividend.

Not sure I know what an undistributed dividend is....
    I've generally speaking found it very difficult to get any information in relation to director withdrawals / loans / dividends etc. Revenue.ie have a wealth of information but very little in this area....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭bored and tired

sounds like your accountant is treating the set up funds as a director loan to the company and you taking them out is the company repaying the loan. Fairly straight forward if it were set up properly to begin with,

• Advertisement

That's what he said, so hopefully it'll all work out fine!!

Advertisement