Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype on 3 mob locked

• 09-12-2008 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Skype is locked on my 3 mob. Do I have to go to them or is there another way.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

if you mean that you can only make skype to skype phone calls, rather than use the skype out facility i wouldnt go to them they would have told you to read the smaller print on their website. i made the same mistake.

http://www.three.ie/on3/skype-faq.htm
    "Can I use Skype to make Skype Out calls (calls to fixed line and mobile phones)?"

you might be able to install another program on your mobile depending on the mobile you have - N series can use Nimbuzz for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Thanks for that lad.
    Just trying to set it up for chats with mate in OZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

that information is out of date. you can now use skype on 3 to make skype out calls to non-irish numbers.

but the actual skype phone's software isn't set up for it so to do it you need a different phone onto which you download the client

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    that information is out of date. you can now use skype on 3 to make skype out calls to non-irish numbers.

but the actual skype phone's software isn't set up for it so to do it you need a different phone onto which you download the client
    Sam is 100% correct. The INQ (the skypephone replacement) will have the updated software.

Advertisement