Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playing Videos on xbox360

• 09-12-2008 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭

I recently had my console banned from live. Now, everytime i try to play videos (.avi) from a usb drive plugged in to the xbox360, it tells me i need to sign into live to play. Is it possible to play videos from a usb without being signed in?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

winston82 wrote: »
    I recently had my console banned from live. Now, everytime i try to play videos (.avi) from a usb drive plugged in to the xbox360, it tells me i need to sign into live to play. Is it possible to play videos from a usb without being signed in?

Any help appreciated.

Sounds like microsoft has screwed you sideways.
    Ive never had to be signed in to play videos from my computer or a usb drive.
    How ever if your xbox is connected to your network then you can play videos from your computer to the xbox with a program called Tversity works quite well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

When the NXE came out the xbox cache was deleted and any updates you had need to be made again. Sounds like you need to re-download the media update again and because your banned from live you can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Fannymcslap

rizzla wrote: »
    When the NXE came out the xbox cache was deleted and any updates you had need to be made again. Sounds like you need to re-download the media update again and because your banned from live you can't.

This! Where do I download these? The .avi-divx update was automatic last year and I've been having a stroke trying to fix it!

I got the optional media update but that's mainly for AAC and was back in 2005.

Anyone!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

The setup disc for the HD-DVD has a offline copy of it.

I got my HD-DVD for ~20€ from Game but I don't think they have any left.
    HMV have some but last time I checked they were still looking for ~80€ for them.

This! Where do I download these? The .avi-divx update was automatic last year and I've been having a stroke trying to fix it!

I got the optional media update but that's mainly for AAC and was back in 2005.

Anyone!?

Try play the video you want, if there's a codec for it the xbox will say an update is required to play this file. Then simply update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

rizzla,

Did you read the first line of the OP's post?
    rizzla wrote: »
    Try play the video you want, if there's a codec for it the xbox will say an update is required to play this file. Then simply update.
    winston82 wrote: »

Any help appreciated.

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    rizzla,

Did you read the first line of the OP's post?

Yeah, but the user I was responding to was not the OP. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

yup, thats what i was afraid of. Sure i could just buy a dvd player with usb support!! I think they are cheap enough.

Thanks for the help on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Try streaming it from your Pc using TVersity. Its a better solution anyway. It will transcode to a format that the 360 supports to play the file and it will do it all transparently so you just select the file you want to play.

Advertisement