Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PayeSvayy - Liverpoooool match thread

• 09-12-2008 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Team new should be in soon, its no dead rubber as a few useful sides can be avoided next round by finishing top, PSV have a doubt over the guy who has scored all thier CL goals while in the other tie Atletico have rung the changes but Marseille are without Mamadou Niang, its going to be tense for all for different reasons.

1Atletico Madrid_5
    2Liverpool______4
    3Marseille______-2
    4PSV__________-7

Team

Cavalieri
    Arbeloa-Carra-Agger-Dossena
    Babel---Lucas-Masch---Riera
    N'gog---Keane

Subs:-Reina Gerrard Alonso Benayoun Spearing Darby Kelly

Clearly Rafa don't care about finnishing top! :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

this on telly?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

setanta Ireland I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Anyone got that link for watching setanta Ireland online if your on an Eircom connection ?

Edit - They don't seem to do it for cl matches.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

opr wrote: »
    Anyone got that link for watching setanta Ireland online if your on an Eircom connection ?

Opr

http://setanta-video.eircom.net/eircom/channels/Live.aspx

I think that's, but it doesn't seem to be working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

smithy1981 wrote: »
    http://setanta-video.eircom.net/eircom/channels/Live.aspx

I think that's, but it doesn't seem to be working

Thanks found it just as you posted , pity as it usually an excellent stream.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Des wrote: »
    this on telly?

The game is on ITV4 as well as Setanta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

lol @ Eamo

Benitez isn't a great manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Des wrote: »
    lol @ Eamo

Benitez isn't a great manager.

/prays Al was watchin

I'm not home only going to get the first half on my lunch break.
    sickened I missed eamo's "analysis"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

[Completely unfounded conspiracy theory]

just looking at Liverpool's team, and the obvious fact that we're not going all out to win this tie, is there some chance that Rafa is going for a tough tie in the next round, with a view to going out of the CL and focusing on the premiership?

[/Completely unfounded conspiracy theory]

mayordenis wrote: »
    I'm not home only going to get the first half on my lunch break.
    sickened I missed eamo's "analysis"

they haven't spoke about you lot yet.

he just got in as a sly dig as part of the discussion about Roy Keane. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Do you need to win to top?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

RasTa wrote: »
    Do you need to win to top?

We need a better result than A.M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    [Completely unfounded conspiracy theory]

just looking at Liverpool's team, and the obvious fact that we're not going all out to win this tie, is there some chance that Rafa is going for a tough tie in the next round, with a view to going out of the CL and focusing on the premiership?

[/Completely unfounded conspiracy theory]

Whether we come first or second, the tie could be equally hard.
    Rafa Benitez: Liverpool Might Not Want To Top Group D

As the Reds prepare for their final run-out of the CL group stages, their Spanish boss has suggested that perhaps defeat would be more convenient than victory...

Liverpool have already booked their place in the last 16, after downing Olympique Marseille 1-0 in a tight encounter at Anfield on Matchday 5.
    The Merseysiders will battle against PSV Eindhoven on Tuesday night as they grapple with Atletico Madrid for top spot in Group D, which the Spaniards lead by just one goal's difference.
    However, the standings in other groups lead Rafael Benitez to believe that it may be more beneficial for his Reds to stay put in second place.
    "It is difficult to know whether you want to finish first or second," the ex-Valencia coach was quoted as saying by The S*n. "We cannot play an English side in the last 16, so that reduces the options.
    "Looking at the groups we could finish top and end up playing against Juventus or Real Madrid. It is also possible to face Lyon or Bayern Munich so it is very difficult to decide who you’d rather play next."
    However, Benitez admitted there were also perks involved in finishing top:
    "The best thing about winning the group is that you play the second leg of the next round at Anfield, which is very important for us."
    Mike Maguire, Goal.com

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=58204270

yes but as he says you get home advantage in the second leg if you win the group, so either way to really be pushing on in the CL you want to be winning the group.

We dont know whether we'll end up with a better opponant by finishing first, but we do have a better chance of facing a lower team if we win the group, and having the second leg an Anfield has proved to be a massive advantage for us over the past few years.

I just wonder if Rafa's not quite taking the CL as seriously this year as in the past since we've got a chance at the league. TBH I wouldn't necessarily mind this as a proper title chase is what we all want.

Finance is the only reason for risking the Prem for and thats hardly a good reason.

Still very early, but some nice football being played, nice quick passing.

N'Gog is looking a lot more physical which is nice to see, has always looked a little afraid of using his strength in the past.

Still too much needless sloppyness at times from pool still though, if they can tighten up this game is here for the taking. PSV dont look great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Babel looks a LOT happier on the right.

he's had a lot of space out the right alright. He has said a fair few times he prefers being left though. Nice to see him as a very viable alternative on the right.

• Advertisement

Lucas doing better with the ball now, few very clever passes forward when under pressure.

Riera just been brilliant.

..id love if Keane would stop falling over...

Lucas seems to have remebered how to pass:D

cock. poor goal to concede. Strange from Masch.

That it was from a corner which never was, makes it worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Only one word describes Cavalieri SH*T!

Only one word describes Cavalieri SH*T!

Don't think he's done badly tbh. Was poor in the CC, think he's been alright today. Cant really blame him for the goal, the guy was about 6 yards out with time to strike it cleanly. Looks worse in slow mo, but in real time he didnt have any time to react to the shot.

Don't think he's done badly tbh. Was poor in the CC, think he's been alright today. Cant really blame him for the goal, the guy was about 6 yards out with time to strike it cleanly. Looks worse in slow mo, but in real time he didnt have any time to react to the shot.
    Well maybe he hasnt been bad but in fairness he hasnt had much to do... i really hope he can prove me wrong and pull of some class saves, but i mean reina is out of his leauge

its all getting ****ey .. sorry to use the technical term.

Come on babel :-)

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

yesss Babel 1-1 :D

Babel gets the equaliser, great header from a great lucas free kick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Goal out of nothing...woke me up anyway!

Well maybe he hasnt been bad but in fairness he hasnt had much to do... i really hope he can prove me wrong and pull of some class saves, but i mean reina is out of his leauge

that true, he's nowhere near Reina, but to call him shit when he's done nowt wrong is a bit harsh...I'd rather him then Itandje in goal or Padelli before him, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

nah, babel scored?

but I thought he only scored when we were winning easily? :confused: :P

wait wait..and lucas with the assist?

Keane is a pile of poop, if he can't force something against a side as milky as PSV then he has little to offer. Babel started poorly (prolly had trouble with his bearings) but has looked like he has the beating of his defender everytime. Hopefully that'll boost him.

Lucas has done quite well (shocker).

• Advertisement

Cavalieri is a very good goalie, if Reina picks up an injury or suspension you'll see that we're in good hands.

that true, he's nowhere near Reina, but to call him shit when he's done nowt wrong is a bit harsh...I'd rather him then Itandje in goal or Padelli before him, to be honest.

I Would rather Carson then any of those 3

not really an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Carson's been poor for a year now.

Poor first half performance. Delighted for Babel, he looks dangerous on the right. Even more delighted for Lucas. Best player i thought in first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

I don't know what's going on tonight. Earlier Eamo said he'd have Keane in his team ahead of Berbatov and Ronaldo as he's more of a footballing brain....Dolan the criticises Keane at half time (and rightly so).... Eamo says a couple of weeks ago the Lucas is the worst Brazilian he has ever seen, then Dolan at half-time says he's been impressed by Lucas for a while now :confused:..... He's only alright tonight....

Is there any pundit out there that knows what he's talking about??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

flanzer wrote: »
    Is there any pundit out there that knows what he's talking about??

Nope. Hey, we're all pundits. ;)

great play from Lucas and Keane

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Yay!!! Good play from Keane!:)

i'd rather he was still at teh club too, unfortunately he himself didn't have any intentions of playing second fiddle.So of the options available, Cavalieri's the best we've had for a while.

Martin and Bouzinas seem to have a lot of potential so we'll see how things develope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I wonder will Robbie get sick of passing to Babel?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Babel is beginning to wreck my head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Nice one Al

Riera. What a strike

What a goal from Reira :D

Riera with a Beut! Top corner, stunning stuff.

Id go with Gerrard on for Keane pretty soon, Keane's not done much besides fall over and throw his arms up. Thought N'Gogs been quite good as a target man, wouldn't mind seeing him get the 90mins. Babel has been very good, 90mins for him too.

On babel being a bit selfish when Keane was somewhat available, tbh if i were him i'd be wary of giving it to robbie when anyone was around him too, just seems to be turning and runing into people and then giving out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement