Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PayeSvayy - Liverpoooool match thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Riera. What a strike

Spit it out man!! Goal??? My stream doesnt work...Setanta, surprise surprise. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

gah! bbc is wrecking me head with it's slowness!

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Àmazing goal from riera. Lucas has impressed me so much tonight. Making alot of good passes and not giving away possession. 2 goals for Keane now would be nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Rockee wrote: »
    Spit it out man!! Goal??? My stream doesnt work...Setanta, surprise surprise. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, i only deal in vagueness

I'm sorry, i only deal in vagueness

:PGrrrr....good to hear we're 2-1 up though. Sweet!

I'm going to say it now. I want Inter in the next round.

I'm going to say it now. I want Inter in the next round.
    inter-course?

kaimera wrote: »
    inter-course?

yes

N'Gog.

Wonderful ball from Keane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

SWEET SWEET MOVE. Lovely finish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Beautiful pass from Robbie, fantastic run and finish from NGog. All good tonight!

N'Gog. Goal, i should say

Nearly 4. Wonderful vision from Keane. That's more like it Robbie. He's been excellent second half

N'Gog.

Vaguely 3-1?? :D

Vaguely 3-1?? :D

I double posted. The second one clears things up.

Hurray. Martin Kelly gets a run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Carra subbed ...masch gets the armband that just topped off the night for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

meaning Keane gets 90mins :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

keane is behaving like a spoilt brat i know babel is frustrating at the best of times but any time keane doesnt recieve the ball starts giving out shaking the head just get on with it robbie for gods sake

meaning Keane gets 90mins :-)
    and babel?

kaimera wrote: »
    and babel?

yeah. he's faded out of the game though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

yeah. he's faded out of the game though.

he's probably disorientated, labouring under the impression that a game only lasts 15 minutes.

As for Keane - at least he wants the ball, still willing to play his way into form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

uberwolf wrote: »
    he's probably disorientated, labouring under the impression that a game only lasts 15 minutes.

As for Keane - at least he wants the ball, still willing to play his way into form.

Keane should be shaking his at that dreadful effort

I double posted. The second one clears things up.

Haha, I know :) Looking forward to RTE highlights now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Keane you tosser! He moans and moans then when he gets the chance mukes it up and then pretends his shoulders giving him gip!

Sublime goal by Riera made the whole game really.

Great to see "the kids" get a run out.

Liverpool top the group.

mike65 wrote: »
    Keane you tosser! He moans and moans then when he gets the chance mukes it up and then pretends his shoulders giving him gip!

Sublime goal by Riera made the whole game really.

Great to see "the kids" get a run out.

Liverpool top the group.

Im disappointed mike, Im not seeing you signing off your last couple of posts!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

good win thought lucas had a solid game great to see the young lads getting a run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Im disappointed mike, Im not seeing you signing off your last couple of posts!:eek:

I feel I should have made a boards wide announcement! ;)

Dutch football really is pants, no wonder McClaren can do well there.

mike65 wrote: »
    I feel I should have made a boards wide announcement! ;)

It has the potential for an AH thread...:D

Well, our second 3-1 away win in a row! Nice, nice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I'm glad babel and ngog got on the scoresheet
    Hopefully ngog will get a run out now in the premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

liverpool and inter nailed on for the second round i would have thought now, last time liverpool finished top of their group they got the easy tie in the second round barcelona

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The difference between Keane at 1-1 and Keane at 2-1 was remarkable.

Just when I'm losing patience with the lad for the moaning he whips out a sublime ball for N'gog. Great ball for Lucas too which he should hae scored.

I think he was, however, rightly annoyed with Babel for completing that one-two with him. The 'slip him in' looked on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Great evening all round. Some important players rested, Babel & N'gog on the score sheet, Riera with a wonder strike, youth players given a run out & Lucas having a solid game.

The only thing that annoyed me was Robbie Keane. He played very well in the second half but I wish he put as much energy into finishing his chances as he puts into giving out to other players. Sure, they made a few wrong decisions and should have played the ball to him on a few occasions...but how many wrong decisions did he make ?

He must have turned and ran into an opposition player 5 or 6 times in the first half. What if his team mates started shouting at him for that ? I dont think someone who has been so unclinical over the past few months is in a position to give out to his team mates so much.

Over all, very pleased though. Pretty much a perfect European away game!

Lucas MOTM with an honorable mention to Babel. He looks much more comfortable on the right than on the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Keane is alway better when he doesn't have time to think about what he's going to do with the ball. I think this was highlighted tonight by his pass to set up the goal for N'Gog.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

any words from the boys over at rté?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

good stuff, very pleased with how the fringe players performed.

PSV were muck though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

So many positives tonight, best of all being a few players really standing up to be counted when something was expected of them.

Babel; In the news a little of late with his anxiety to be playing more regular football. Put in a good shift, always looked dangerous and got the all important first goal.

Lucas; Rafa billed this as the game he expected Lucas to finally show what he was made of - and he did. Plenty of assured forward passes, following up attacking play, good tackles in defence and all round just looked a better midfield leader.

Riera; Only within the last week stated that he was adamant he would score more goals. And what a goal to score! Besides that, was a calming influence on the play, had a really really good game. As a bonus, he wins nearly everything in the air that goes anywhere near him.

Keane; im still a bit worried about him, he didn't turn it on until we had the lead and PSV were forced to leave more space open. Far too much falling over and whinging. But when he did finally start to play, he was fantastic - excellent last 20mins or so. More of that Robbie, and less being a girly man.

Dossena; Got so much stick, but has continually improved. his defending was much better tonight as was his use of strength. Completely crowded out his winger on a number of occasions, took the ball off him and managed a good pass rather then the hoof we see from most full backs under pressure. Some excellent stuff from him tonight, both in defence and attack.

N'Gog; I've been sticking up for him so far this season as he's shown glimpses of what he can do, and tonight he showed 10times as many. I think he's been working very very hard on the training ground for the past few months as what was one of the weakest parts of his game is now one of his strongest - his use of his strength and height. Thought he did excellent as a target man, winning a very good amount of balls hoofed up to him, and managing a flick on or a knock down to a colleague. This, coupled with the fact that he's actually really fast make me think he could have a brighter future with us then most expected. His touch got sooo much better as his confidence grew, loved his flip-flap when he lost his man and tried to bend the ball into the top corner.

Excellent to see the kids get some champions league experience too, and fantastic for our full back situation that both Darby and Insua have impressed again this week between the 2 games.

All in all, well done Rafa, you got everything spot on tonight.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

nice result, but more importantly decent performances from players who need to really start showing more, babel, riera, lucas, n'gog and even keane.

Advertisement