Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

primary school Balbriggan

Options
  • 09-12-2008 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to send my daughter to school in Balbriggan, at the mo she is in school in swords but we moved to Balbriggan now and looks like we'll be here for a good few years. She is in Jr Infants but I think she is too young so I'd like her to repeat it. I'm not keen on the educate together school as I want her to go to an all catholic school. does anyone know where the schools are and is it too late to enrol? oh and are they mixed boys and girls?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Balbriggan is full or primary schools,there are loads of them but space can be very limited.

There are 2 educate together schools,1 Gaelscoil,1 COI school and I think the rest are catholic.

http://findaddress.citizensinformation.ie/service_finder/bycounty/Dublin/Balbriggan/Primary%20Schools might be helpful.

You might have more luck on the Dublin North Forum as 1/2 the people that post are in Balbriggan.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Im from the town, grew up there, started in St Teresas, moved to St Peter and Pauls and finally St Molagas, each of the above were excellent schools. Pat Mc Cabe taught me English and Irish in St. Teresas, he wrote among numerous books, The Butcher Boy :D

As you say you are new, I am asking you to start each journey at the dublin end of the town, just before you reach the roundabout before the church (has a large metal monument in its centre) either proceeding straight down the main street past St Peters and Pauls church or taking the ring road around the town to the left.

St Peters and Pauls, chapel street balbriggan, big old fashioned looking place but very good school.

take 1st exit at roundabout (with metal sculpture in the centre) before church, at next roundabout take 3rd exit. follow all the way around this ring road until you reach the traffic lights at junction beside graveyard, turn right, head down this road (naul road) it becomes chapel street, you cant miss the school, its on the left, big grey building behind railings. This school is the infants school (up to and including 1st class and communion), St molagas is part of the same institute and is the primary school. (01)8412670

St Molaga's, drogheda street balbriggan. Go straight thru roundabout (with metal sculture in centre) past church (on right) towards centre of town. pass right through the town down the hill, past the Bracken Court hotel on the left, back up the hill, pass Super Valu on right, pass 2 petrol stations on left, go through set of traffic lights at garda station(station is on the left) and its immediatly on the right, large white angular buildings set in off the road with bus stop in front of it. 01-8413133

St Teresas. Coming from church again, go past Texaco petrol station on left, down towards the main street, pass Spar, then take the 1st turn right (which is at credit union - on your left) go past Lidl on right, head straight on, take 3rd turn on right entering large park surrounded by houses, take first left, go straight on (through small roundabout painted on road) into Pinewood housing estate. School is behind railings on right hand side. (01)8416270

Then there is
    Balscadden National School, just outside balbriggan. take same route as if going to St Molagas, pass petrol station on left, pass garda station on left, straight on until you reach the last turn left before leaving the town (sign posted for Balscadden) its called Flemington Lane. Go straight up this road all the way to the T juntion at the top, turn right, take next turn left (entering Balscadden) follow road down to the pub, just before the pub turn left the school is just here on the left. (01)8412579

Naul National School, Naul Village

Take same route from church as for St Peters and Pauls, when you get to traffic lights at graveyard, turn left instead, head out this road (naul road) all the way following sign posts for Naul, over the motorway flyover and straight on and 5 miles further on entering Naul. ask any of the (very helpful) locals here and they will direct you to the school, its only an extra 5 minutes journey out of balbriggan but its a lovely small country school.

Naul National School
    Naul (01)8413821

There are schools in skerries also but thats a bit further across (10 mins from balbriggan)

hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 muireann =]

st maloga's or treasa's!(cant spell :rolleyes::P)my mates lil bro goes to maloga's he likes it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nostradamus1

Hi everybody,

I am planning to move to Balbriggan, those anyone know a good primary school.
    I have heard about St Molaga's school could any one tell me if it is worth to bring my child there. Somebody told me that kids don’t have a uniform in that school but they have a sport uniform instead. Could anybody tell me why is it like that?
    I was also told that Stamulen School (I am not sure about spelling) has a good recommendation.
    Could any advise which school is best to choose from?

Thank you in advance for your advice and look forward to hear from you.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I Would Recommened St Malogas, i Went To That School And It Was Brilliant. They Have Got a Uniform But No P.e Uniform. ? Dont Know Where You Heard That ha. Its a Great School, With An Exciting Enviroment, Lovely Teachers And Has a Great Choir. ( Which Was On The Late Late Toy Show 2010). So i Hope This Helps Make Your Choice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

[QUOTE
    haya i recomend st tresas i sent my kiddys there and its a great school great teachers to its a lovely school my kiddys made lots of friends and all so st tresas all the way i you want to send them there then pop up to Mary in the office and get a form,
    thanks

Advertisement