Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approved for an AIB HP Loan for a car

Options
  • 09-12-2008 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

finally back in Sept i got approved for a loan through Hire Purchase with AIB F&L (finance and leasing).
    i dont want to rush into buying a car but want to use the loan since i got approved (another story).

Anyway, i have decided on a car to buy, paid a deposit for the car, and when the dealer rings up to organise the HP payment he is told that i have to pay off my existing loan with them before they will allow me to get another loan.

Would it not have been nice of them to tell me that what i was phoned letting me know that i was approved for the loan ! ?
    I even had to ring them last week to ask them how i could actually get access to the loan that i was approved for.

Also im just thinking now. Why exactly (and what part of the Data Protection) would AIB tell the car dealer about my personal financing ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

samhail wrote: »
    Also im just thinking now. Why exactly (and what part of the Data Protection) would AIB tell the car dealer about my personal financing ?

If you gave the Car Dealer permission to call on your behalf, they might cover them for anything they said to the dealer.

Advertisement