Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gattuso set to miss Ireland's WC qualifier v Italy

• 09-12-2008 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Italy and AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has suffered a cruciate ligament injury in his right knee, his club revealed.

Media reported that the 30-year-old could be out for the rest of the season.

Gattuso suffered the injury in Sunday's 1-0 Serie A win at home to Catania and had tests on Tuesday.

'They showed a tear to the anterior cruciate ligament of the right knee,' a club statement said.

The tough-tackling midfielder will visit renowned knee surgeon Marc Martens in Antwerp early on Wednesday for a further consultation before a decision on whether to operate is taken.

Gattuso won the World Cup with Italy in 2006 and helped Milan clinch the 2004 Italian title and the Champions League in 2003 and 2007.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/1209/milan.html

Unfortunate for Gattuso if this is the case but from an Ireland point of view it's good.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/1209/milan.html

Unfortunate for Gattuso if this is the case but from an Ireland point of view it's good.

Great news for Ireland. Hopefully someone will give Buffon, Pirlo, Cannavaro and a couple of others a few kicks for us. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah now if only, Pirlo and about 7 others get injured I will be confident Whelan and Gibson will run them ragged......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I think i would have preferred for gattuso to play tbh. no doubt aquilani will be playing now and i rate him as a much more conmplete player that would cause us more problems than gattuso could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

noodler wrote: »
    Yeah now if only, Pirlo and about 7 others get injured I will be confident Whelan and Gibson will run them ragged......

Pretty much summed it up

Our centre midfield is complete **** at the moment and will cost us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Don't think gattuso would have started anyway. Probably would have been Aquilani, De Rossi and Pirlo as the midfield trio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Just saw on SSN some even better news: Miller is out for the season!

Unfortuntly it was Ismael and not Liam :(

Advertisement