Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport guitar from US

Options
  • 09-12-2008 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the correct forum but not sure where else to post it, so mods feel free to move if necessary.

I am trying to get a new guitar transported back from the US. The basic story is that my brother went to Chicago last Christmas to play for a wedding, a while there he bought a new guitar. Unfornately the guitar wasn't in stock so he couldn't bring it home, but friends of ours were planning a trip to Chicago and said would bring it home for us. Then their plans fell through, and now the new guitar is stuck in Chicago. We have tried US post / couriers etc, but they all need a US addressed credit card so won't accept payment from Ireland.

Has anyone had this experience before and have you any solutions? At the moment it's with the people that he stayed with during the wedding, who we don't know that well and are slow to ask them to sort it out from their side as they've had the hassle of it all year.

Any suggestions???

And before you say it...I know it's a very stupid situation to be in...but tell that to a 21yr old who desperately wants this guitar a year later :):)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Monaou9 wrote: »
    Any suggestions???
    Any of TNT, FedEx, UPS, amongst others, will do a pick up for you and delivery here.

As as one off customer it won't be cheap and you'll have to pay your taxes on it as an import and the delivery.

Pick up the phone and ring them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Monaou9 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the correct forum but not sure where else to post it, so mods feel free to move if necessary.

I am trying to get a new guitar transported back from the US. The basic story is that my brother went to Chicago last Christmas to play for a wedding, a while there he bought a new guitar. Unfornately the guitar wasn't in stock so he couldn't bring it home, but friends of ours were planning a trip to Chicago and said would bring it home for us. Then their plans fell through, and now the new guitar is stuck in Chicago. We have tried US post / couriers etc, but they all need a US addressed credit card so won't accept payment from Ireland.

Has anyone had this experience before and have you any solutions? At the moment it's with the people that he stayed with during the wedding, who we don't know that well and are slow to ask them to sort it out from their side as they've had the hassle of it all year.

Any suggestions???

And before you say it...I know it's a very stupid situation to be in...but tell that to a 21yr old who desperately wants this guitar a year later :):)

Thanks in advance.

Dude PM Im in the Midwest over Christmas. If you look into how to get it on plane I can grab it for you on my way home on the 30th. I spend alot of time in the US in the Midwest about 2 hours from Chicago in Wisconsin.

Monaou9 I leave on Monday so let me know if you want me to grab it and we can arrange it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

If the above falls through Doug Heffernan could do it.

Advertisement