Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ever driven down a road you shouldnt???

Options
  • 09-12-2008 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

I was going into town one night and i was driving and not drinking!!! we were going to the Royal College of Surgeons carpark (behind st. stephens green shopping centre) and i wasnt really paying attention to where i was going, took a turn for the brown thomas carpark (just saw the blue parking sign) missed the next turn and ended up on GRAFTON street, FOLLOWING AN OTHER CAR!!!! ok, if it happened to one person it would be bad enough but the fact that i followed them!!! luckly it wasnt the guards and i took a swift exit by the side of stephens green shopping centre!!! it was so funny that it happened though, and that i didnt realise where i was until i was on Grafton street!!!

so any one else got any funny stories to share???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

erinn wrote: »

I was going into town one night and i was driving and not drinking!!! we were going to the Royal College of Surgeons carpark (behink st. stephens green shopping centre) and i wasnt really paying attention to where i was going, took a turn for the brown thomas carpark (just saw the blue parking sign) missed the next turn and ended up on GRAFTON street, FOLLOWING AN OTHER CAR!!!! ok, if it happened to one person it would be bad enough but the fact that i followed them!!! luckly it wasnt the guards and i took a swift exit by the side of stephens green shopping centre!!! it was so funny that it happened though, and that i didnt realise where i was until i was on Grafton street!!!

Deja vu ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I was going into town one night and i was driving and not drinking!!! we were going to the Royal College of Surgeons carpark (behink st. stephens green shopping centre) and i wasnt really paying attention to where i was going, took a turn for the brown thomas carpark (just saw the blue parking sign) missed the next turn and ended up on GRAFTON street, FOLLOWING AN OTHER CAR!!!! ok, if it happened to one person it would be bad enough but the fact that i followed them!!! luckly it wasnt the guards and i took a swift exit by the side of stephens green shopping centre!!! it was so funny that it happened though, and that i didnt realise where i was until i was on Grafton street!!!

I think you just did it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Pffft, thats nothing. Me being the spanner that i am tried to drive down the one way road (with 4 lanes of traffic) at the IFSC one night. Some poor cyclist stopped me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

I was going into town one night and i was driving and not drinking!!! we were going to the Royal College of Surgeons carpark (behink st. stephens green shopping centre) and i wasnt really paying attention to where i was going, took a turn for the brown thomas carpark (just saw the blue parking sign) missed the next turn and ended up on GRAFTON street, BEING FOLLOWED BY ANOTHER CAR!!!! ok, if it happened to one person it would be bad enough but the fact that i was being followed by them!!! luckly it wasnt the guards and i took a swift exit by the side of stephens green shopping centre!!! it was so funny that it happened though, and that i didnt realise where i was until i was on Grafton street!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Deja vu ftw.

Oh man that freaked my shit out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Women drivers ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Deja vu ftw.

Oh yeah??? Well I was going into town one night and i was driving and not drinking!!! we were going to the Royal College of Surgeons carpark (behink st. stephens green shopping centre) and i wasnt really paying attention to where i was going, took a turn for the brown thomas carpark (just saw the blue parking sign) missed the next turn and ended up on GRAFTON street, FOLLOWING AN OTHER CAR!!!! ok, if it happened to one person it would be bad enough but the fact that i followed them!!! luckly it wasnt the guards and i took a swift exit by the side of stephens green shopping centre!!! it was so funny that it happened though, and that i didnt realise where i was until i was on Grafton street!!!

I'm such a silly billy!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The wrong way on the M4 in Maynooth, once ended up in Bray when I was headed south to Dún Laoghaire, got lost on the way back from Edenderry,.

too many to remember.
    I'm left handed, so I always get left and right mixed up and end up getting directions wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I was on a road to nowhere once.

I was going into town one night and i was driving and not drinking!!! we were going to the Royal College of Surgeons carpark (behink st. stephens green shopping centre)
    I was going into town one night and i was driving and not drinking!!! we were going to the Royal College of Surgeons carpark (behink st. stephens green shopping centre)

Oh yeah??? Well I was going into town one night and i was driving and not drinking!!! we were going to the Royal College of Surgeons carpark (behink st. stephens green shopping centre)

So four of you do the same thing and none of you can spell behind??? Hmmmmmmmmm

• Advertisement

LolaDub wrote: »
    So three of you do the same thing and none of you can spell behind??? Hmmmmmmmmm

Well considering I was going into town one night and i was driving and not drinking!!! we were going to the Royal College of Surgeons carpark (behink st. stephens green shopping centre) and i wasnt really paying attention to where i was going, took a turn for the brown thomas carpark (just saw the blue parking sign) missed the next turn and ended up on GRAFTON street, FOLLOWING AN OTHER CAR!!!! ok, if it happened to one person it would be bad enough but the fact that i followed them!!! luckly it wasnt the guards and i took a swift exit by the side of stephens green shopping centre!!! it was so funny that it happened though, and that i didnt realise where i was until i was on Grafton street!!! it's no wonder I can't spell.

LolaDub wrote: »
    So four of you do the same thing and none of you can spell behind??? Hmmmmmmmmm

Woah, this sh1t has just gotten weirder.

*twilight zone music*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Way to ambush the new kid...

Well considering I was going into town one night and i was driving and not drinking!!! we were going to the Royal College of Surgeons carpark (behink st. stephens green shopping centre) and i wasnt really paying attention to where i was going, took a turn for the brown thomas carpark (just saw the blue parking sign) missed the next turn and ended up on GRAFTON street, FOLLOWING AN OTHER CAR!!!! ok, if it happened to one person it would be bad enough but the fact that i followed them!!! luckly it wasnt the guards and i took a swift exit by the side of stephens green shopping centre!!! it was so funny that it happened though, and that i didnt realise where i was until i was on Grafton street!!! it's no wonder I can't spell.

Win.

Woah, this sh1t has just gotten weirder.

*twilight zone music*

Its behink you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

stop,it hurts!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Aw stop being so mean, you guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Enough of the copy pasta, nothing is more annoying.

I have driven down many roads I should not have, some that still haunt me to this very day. One time I drove down a one way road...I'll never forget it. The sky was so blue, children were smiling. Next thing you know I'm driving down a one way road! It was horrible! I only just made it, I quickly reversed back out and drove like there was no tomorrow, and this time...the right way.

So I have driven down many roads I should not have, some that still haunt me to this very day. One time I drove down a one way road...I'll never forget it. The sky was so blue, children were smiling. Next thing you know I'm driving down a one way road! It was horrible! I only just made it, I reverse out and drove like there was no tomorrow, and this time...the right way. Chilling right?

Hellm0 wrote: »
    I have driven down many roads I should not have, some that still haunt me to this very day. One time I drove down a one way road...I'll never forget it. The sky was so blue, children were smiling. Next thing you know I'm driving down a one way road! It was horrible! I only just made it, I reverse out and drove like there was no tomorrow, and this time...the right way until I was going into town one night and i was driving and not drinking!!! we were going to the Royal College of Surgeons carpark (behink st. stephens green shopping centre) and i wasnt really paying attention to where i was going, took a turn for the brown thomas carpark (just saw the blue parking sign) missed the next turn and ended up on GRAFTON street, FOLLOWING AN OTHER CAR!!!! ok, if it happened to one person it would be bad enough but the fact that i followed them!!! luckly it wasnt the guards and i took a swift exit by the side of stephens green shopping centre!!! it was so funny that it happened though, and that i didnt realise where i was until i was on Grafton street!!!

FYP.

• Advertisement

Yup. Managed it in Cork. Start of my driving career. One way road. Lots of beeping. Sheepish man reversing badly. Oh well. Its just one more lesson I mercifully learned cheaply on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I was going into town one night and i was driving and not drinking. We were going to the Royal College of Surgeons carpark(behind St.Stephens Green shopping centre) and I wasn't really paying attention to where i was going, took a turn for the Brown Thomas carpark(just saw the blue parking sign) missed the next turn and ended up on Grafton Street, following another car!

Ok, if it happened to one person it would have been bad enough, but the fact that I followed them! Lucky it wasn't the guards and I took a swift exit by the side of St.Stephens green shopping centre! It was so funny that it had happened though and that I didn't realize where I was until I was on Grafton street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I once drove over the Liffey into da Northsoide by accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I was going into town one night and i was driving and not drinking. We were going to the Royal College of Surgeons carpark(behind St.Stephens Green shopping centre) and I wasn't really paying attention to where i was going, took a turn for the Brown Thomas carpark(just saw the blue parking sign) missed the next turn and ended up on Grafton Street, following another car!

Ok, if it happened to one person it would have been bad enough, but the fact that I followed them! Lucky it wasn't the guards and I took a swift exit by the side of St.Stephens green shopping centre! It was so funny that it had happened though and that I didn't realize where I was until I was on Grafton street.

Can we have some non-Dublin stories please

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
    And sorry I could not travel both
    And be one traveler, long I stood
    And looked down one as far as I could
    To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
    And having perhaps the better claim,
    Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
    Though as for that the passing there,
    Had worn them really about the same

And both that morning equally lay
    In leaves no step had trodden black.
    Oh, I kept the first for another day!
    Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference !

I once drove over the Liffey into da Northsoide by accident.
    To the Strawberry beds?

jimbo78 wrote: »

I thought all country roads were either called
    a) Main Street
    b) Church Street or
    c) Dublin Road

I thought all country roads were either called
    a) Main Street
    b) Church Street or
    c) Dublin Road

Forgot Quay st. man.

jimbo78 wrote: »

Ooh! I have one:

I was going into Texas one night and i was driving and not drinking!!! we were going to the Taj Mahal carpark (behink Helsinki shopping centre) and i wasnt really paying attention to where i was going, took a turn for the Sydney Opera House carpark (just saw the blue parking sign) missed the next turn and ended up on Downing street, FOLLOWING AN OTHER CAR!!!! ok, if it happened to one person it would be bad enough but the fact that i followed them!!! luckly it wasnt the Iraqi's Elite Replublican Guard and i took a swift exit by the side of Paris shopping centre!!! it was so funny that it happened though, and that i didnt realise where i was until i was on Auckland!!!

True story, but I've put this traumatic experience behink me since.

• Advertisement

Terry wrote: »
    To the Strawberry beds?

Yeah, hard not to sing that song when driving through there.
    I only know the one line, so it gets a bit repetitive.

Advertisement