Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ever driven down a road you shouldnt???

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I thought all country roads were either called
    a) Main Street
    b) Church Street or
    c) Dublin Road

Yea, but Church Street is only one-way

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Captain Darling, Jimbo78 and Nehaxak infracted for abusing the tags system.

Well, Nehaxak will get one when I find his profile.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Ooh! I have one:

I was going into Texas one night and i was driving and not drinking!!! we were going to the Taj Mahal carpark (behink Helsinki shopping centre) and i wasnt really paying attention to where i was going, took a turn for the Sydney Opera House carpark (just saw the blue parking sign) missed the next turn and ended up on Downing street, FOLLOWING AN OTHER CAR!!!! ok, if it happened to one person it would be bad enough but the fact that i followed them!!! luckly it wasnt the Iraqi's Elite Replublican Guard and i took a swift exit by the side of Paris shopping centre!!! it was so funny that it happened though, and that i didnt realise where i was until i was on Auckland!!!

True story, but I've put this traumatic experience behink me since.

It looks like your clipboard has been seized by Carmen San Diego there buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

My father drove down some restricted road near Belfast once about 15 years ago. There were signs everywhere saying DO NOT STOP! DO NOT REVERSE! before he knew where he was. I was with him in the car at the time. He had to explain to a soldier what a kerry-registered car was doing making its way towards a british army base.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Thought this thread was gonna be about anal :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

My mates father was bringing us into town a few years ago
    He went down a one way street and got caught by oncoming cars.
    We had tried to explain that it was a one way street but he followed the common ethic of "Ah shure twil be Grand". After a lot of beeping from the other vehicles he calmly stepped out of the car and shouted "Its alright! Im a country Man!". We all pissed ourselves laughing for the rest of the journey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

It looks like your clipboard has been seized by Carmen San Diego there buddy.

I wonder where in the world she is at the moment?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I wonder where in the world he is at the moment?

HE?
    Carmen was a she surely? Other wise why was I playing that game? To stalk some dood around the world? Thats sick.
    I have to go and shower now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

DCC160 wrote: »
    Thought this thread was gonna be about anal :D

I'm sure someone must have a story about Limerick, so hang in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Other wise why was I playing that game?

Game...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Game...?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmen_Sandiego

I remember playing that on my cousin's computer back in the stone age. Think it was the first time I used a computer with a mouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

this thread is rather bizarre

Driving from Belgrade to Vukovar(SP) once in the early 90's, turned richt to go over a bridge and ended up facing the Croatian army :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Terry wrote: »
    I'm left handed, so I always get left and right mixed up and end up getting directions wrong.

Just remember left is your happy hand.

I was driving a tank through Berlin in the 1940s and had forgotten to pick up the actor James Mason and had to go back for him.

Don't smoke crack kids. It's too awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭IsMiseConor

I once drove on the M50. Biggest. Mistake. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Ah yes, i once picked up a fella with a english accent saying he wanted to go to cappagh hospital, no problems there.

As we pass the ballyboggan road he become figity, he'd been quiet for most of the journey so i knew somthing was a miss. He then asks me pull up dunsink lane, i knew what was coming. We stop further up the road he jumps out and runs. Feck this i say i aint hanging around, i see a transit further up the road coming towards me, just as i was putting her into reverse two pikeys cometowards the car, floor it in reverse ''kinda'' clipped one of the little (unts. and i was gone.

A scary one to say the least, we live and learn:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I'm surprised TD James McDaid hasn't post on this thread yet.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,297 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yep, into the wrong part of town in Port Elizabeth, South Africa, at night. We didn't stick around long, the locals were starting to show an uncomfortable amount of interest in our car.

Advertisement