Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Internet Add-on - Bum is Sore!!!!!!!

• 09-12-2008 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Moved over to Meteor about 10 days ago after recommendations from friends & checking out callcosts.ie.

Went into local Meteor store to process transfer. Went for Bill Pay Talk 300 tariff with internet add-on (250mg). Went online today to check out my account & I've managed to rack up a bill of €135 in approximately 11 days. It seems I was getting charged internet rate at 2c/kb.....immediately rang Customer Care & told them that I requested add-on in shop...they replied it doesn't kick in until first billing date...............wtf!!!!!????

They suggested going back to the shop to complain but why can't they sort that here & now. Yer wan in shop sold me the add-on on the back of a warning about high download cost, so was willing to take the extra €10 charge. She never mentioned add-on not starting until next billing date.....bit of a feckin scam methinks????

Anyone else encounter this.....am feckin ragin' (though was nice to customer care person....not their fault)!!!!
    What to do people???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Go back into the store, explain nicely what your problem is, and that you've already contacted customer care and wish for luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

most important thing any meteor rep knows about data add-ons; it doesn't kick in until the next billing date! i don't know why, a bit stupid really buts it's FAR from an undisclosed issue. you need to get the shop to confirm the omitted information with customer care in order to get an adjustment on your account - as far as i know customer care usually ring/mail the store to confirm such issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What does JOM do for the following 22 days of december, will cc activate the add on....

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

I'd ring CC explain your situation ... ask for a supervisor if you have to, I'm sure they'll refund the money - genuine misunderstanding etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

What does JOHM do for the following 22 days of december, will cc activate the add on....

if signed up approx 10 days ago, i'd assume his billing date is the 15th. it'll kick in then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Ring customer care and demand that it be applied retrospectively to your account as you were not informed about the start date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

If they refuse to credit the money back, then port out. As far as I recall, there is a 14 day cooling off period.

Advertisement