Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cant print pdf file

• 09-12-2008 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭

sorry to hijack your forum lads but ye are probably the best people to ask. I downloaded a pdf file but it wont allow me to print. I should mention here maybe that it was downloaded as a torrent. It is 99% text so I decided the next best option was to copy and paste into MS Word but after I thought I had it copied I clicked paste in word and it gave me a short error message saying it couldnt paste torrent....? Also if when scrolling down from page 3 in the pdf file I happen to click on a page anywhere a browser window pops up to a poker site. I would like to remove this but the main thing is to print this. (bear in mind its over 400 pages). Thanks.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Another thread best suited to the non-existent "Software" forum, so it gets moved here instead (from Open Source, which it ain't).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I cant really be seen helping you print what is quite probably a robbed book via torrent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Overheal wrote: »
    I cant really be seen helping you print what is quite probably a robbed book via torrent.
    Who'd wanna have 400 pages of a book? it would fall apart very quickly, unless its some kind of textbook/instruction manual..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Magic Bullets :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

you can't print a pdf ?

check the document isn't corrupt by doing an integrity check / checksum

if using acrobat reader, make sure all the updates are in place
    or better still try foxit reader

what are you printing too ?
    install pdfcreator from sourcefourge , this will create a virtual printer so you can see if the problem is with the printer driver or not , alternatively you could print the pdf that pdfcreator makes

maybe it's your printer /driver ?

Open the document in Acrobat and check the security settings to see if printing is allowed or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Verbal_Kint

there is a password on it that restricts me from printing.

I got a program that will unlock the first half of the pages for printing (for first 50 pdfs) and after that I have to pay to use it.

Anyone know of a free program that will allow me to remove passwords from pdfs?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

please read the charter about stuff you own
    and about crackz

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement