Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top ten books to read for fourth year

Options
  • 09-12-2008 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

hey everyone.. im in fourth year in sec school.. i hae set myself a goal to read ten high quality books from now until my summer holidays.. it will be a change from my usual ross o carroll kelly fad.

i have got 6 must reads so far so could people just throw out a list of four more and give them a rating out of ten please..

i have chosen

1) Animal Farm
    2) wuthering heights
    3) regeneration
    4) the curious incident of the dog in the night time
    5) jane eyre
    6) blackwater lightship

all of these with th exception of animal farm are on the lc 09/10 so i would be looking for books equal in quality..

greatly appreciated

rhunce

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides 10/10 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Madou

Sub 'Animal Farm' for '1984' (you're in fourth year, challenge yourself a little!) - in the same vein, give 'Brave New World' by Aldous Huxley a go. Simple and very good. Change your life and read 'On the Road' by Jack Kerouac. Why is 'The Great Gatsby' not on the list (?), arguably one of the finest books written in the last century.

I think you should reconsider that list.

Advertisement