Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overclocking advice needed!!!

• 09-12-2008 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Just installed a Zalman 9700 cpu fan and was wondering whats the best way to overclock...

I have a Gigabyte N680SLi-DQ6 Mobo and anytime i use riva tuner to adjust the FSB (higher) the computer just freezes

Is this normal should i wait a while for the computer to "readjust" or is it just not going right?

What other programs are there to OC?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

the number 1 rule of overclocking club is: dont use software, learn to OC though the bios

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

thats what iv been finding out through various articles!!!Problem is i dunno what controls what. eg voltage FSB etc etc!!!

Is there any good guides to OC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

KamiKazi wrote: »
    the number 1 rule of overclocking club is: dont use software, learn to OC though the bios

No, rule #1 of overclocking is: if you're asking for advise, make sure you list your gear.
    Not all the processors react the same, with the main differences being the ones between C2D's and C2Q's, not all PSUs are good, not all RAM modules are good.
    Also, a proper description would help, like "Corsair HX620" is much better than "a black one with a yellow sticker, around 600W I think" :)

Let us know what CPU, ram, PSU, gfx card you have and you will get more detailed answers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6
    GFX: 2x 8800gtx SLI
    CPUCore2 Quad q6700
    Ram:Corsair TWIN2X 6400C5DHX DDR2 4gb
    PSU: Fortron Source Epsilon 1010W,Active PFC
    CPU Cooler is a Zalman 9700

Advertisement