Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ankerman Sent me a Burned Copy of Vista

Options
  • 09-12-2008 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,

Don't know what the feck is goin on with that Ankerman. They sent me a burned 64 bit vista setup disc along with a Dell Vista upgrade DVD. WTF is up with that??? Is this was i spent my 102 hard earned yoyos on???

Has anyone else experienced this and generally what do you usually get when you buy an operating system off a vendor? I don;t want a dodgey copy of vista.:eek:

In fairness all the other operating systems i've ever dealt with have been OEM so please point it out to me if i am missing something glaringly obvious here.

Thanks,
    Jhet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Is there a COA on the computer with a vista product key on it or did you recieve one with the disc??
    Chances are they didn't have a disc but gave out a legit licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

have you a serial key?

doesn't really matter where the dvd came from if you do.

Not sure what they expect you to do with the upgrade disk as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

I do, i have a cd key. Its on the Dell Vista DVD upgrade. Thats probably an upgrade for the premium bit, yeah and the burned copy is just the setup disc???

The upgrade stuff is sealed with the key on it. Just thought the burned CD looked a bit dodge!!!

Thanks for alaying my fears lads;)

Advertisement