Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What to Rent again...... Reply and win a prize!!!

Options
  • 10-12-2008 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

Gonna have to ignore the poll... Just got an email thats changed my choice.. Can't edit the poll

Things have changed and money is thighter so choice of car has changed quite a bit.. Also, driving a longer route now too.

Will be doing about 300-400kms in a day. What car to get...
    Gonna have to change the list.. Infact the list just got a whole lot smaller...

Just got a mail to say whats avail...

Porsche Cayman S n Boxter S

Merc sl550

Mustang Gt

Maserati Quattroporte

Lexus Is350

Everything in my poll was avail earlier... Must be national book a car day over there.

Merc n Masser are near twice the price to rent as the others...

What to Rent??? 17 votes

Dodge Challenger
    0%
    Lexus ISF
    70%
    Hal1unkleroscoZynkshomer90L-MEPMFerriszurophJemmyBJCLittle Miss Cutieseanos1 12 votes
    Audi A8L
    11%
    Bertydamo86 2 votes
    Jaguar XF
    11%
    NotInventedHereGERMAN ROCKS 2 votes
    Audi A5
    5%
    Padraig Mor 1 vote
    Porsche Cayman S/Boxter
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Lexus ISF
    How could you not pick the Challenger... You'll never get a chance to drive one of them again. We have all the rest here.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Audi A8L
    I concur with the American muscle however I picked the ISF only because it has 8 gears and is noisy as feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,457 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You're making it easier this time :D

Either be prepared to be very disappointed by the drive, but look super yankee doodle in pics (Challenger) or just get a great drive (Cayman S)

I know what I'd prefer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Audi A8L
    Berty wrote: »
    I concur with the American muscle however I picked the ISF only because it has 8 gears and is noisy as feck.
    same reasons, awesome car!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,996 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You're unlikely to get a chance to get to drive a Challenger again.

I, however, would still go for the Porsche as my preconceptions about US cars would either be shattered (and I don't want them to be :D) or cause me to hate the Challenger even if it was great...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Lexus ISF
    How could you not pick the Challenger... You'll never get a chance to drive one of them again. We have all the rest here.

Bloody right the Challenger.......... Gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Lexus ISF
    Gonna have to change the list.. Infact the list just got a whole lot smaller...

Just got a mail to say whats avail...

Porsche Cayman S n Boxter S

Merc sl550

Mustang Gt

Maserati Quattroporte

Lexus Is350

Everything in my poll was avail earlier... Must be national book a car day over there.

Merc n Masser are near twice the price to rent as the others...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 seanos1

Lexus ISF
    you may as well go all out and get the dodge, when would you ever get the chance to do it again! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Audi A8L
    seanos1 wrote: »
    you may as well go all out and get the dodge, when would you ever get the chance to do it again! :D

But dont leave the keys active like the Hamster and some twat like Clarkson will park it in the middle of the road. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Lexus ISF
    mmm dodge. bring me back one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Lexus ISF
    Mustang Gt ftw on the new list!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Lexus ISF
    Challanger!

Boxster/caymen is too small if you have big suitcases. Mustang GT has a nice engine but it doesn't look as well as the challenger and its terrible in most other ways (handling, interior quality etc.).

Has to be American imo, made my holiday when we were upgraded to a Mustang during the summer, crap to drive but looked the part.

Advertisement