Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in ennis?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

KD11 wrote: »
    anyone have any idea what the prices are like for kingfisher in ennis? a rough estimate would do.
    i doubt there are 2 people going to kingfisher who have paid the same rate,
    it varies from person to person,basically they will try to extract as much out of you as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

I joined about 3 weeks ago, at the time the price for an individual was €425 for the year if paying up front, if you wanted to pay in installments then it was €150 and then €37pm. I was told that if I signed up on the day i'd get it for €399 with €100 worth of vouchers I could use to bring guests which works out at about 10 tickets - it's highly likely that i'd have got the same offer if i'd signed up a week or two later, but as it suited me to join on the day I took the special offer.

I believe they have an offer on at the moment that gives you €200 worth of vouchers but not sure what the price for membership is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

was that the kingfisher club at the clare inn or the west county?
    Im looking for a gym at the moment so asked around... the west county seems to be packed by the wrong kind, ive heard that from two different people and i was told there's always a problem with hot water in the clare inn.

Im pay as you go at the ennis leisure centre does the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

was that the kingfisher club at the clare inn or the west county?
    Im looking for a gym at the moment so asked around... the west county seems to be packed by the wrong kind, ive heard that from two different people and i was told there's always a problem with hot water in the clare inn.

Im pay as you go at the ennis leisure centre does the job

The wrong crowd in what way?

Was a member for 6 months there and never had a problem. They have good rates and good special offers from time to time too, if you're lucky.

If you're confident enough in yourself to do your workout with a loada shapers in the vicinity, you can't go far wrong :D In saying that though, there is a good sense of politeness with the crowd up there, and courtesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KD11

Checked out the kingfishers in the west county today. seems like a decent enough gym, and as i probably wont be using the weights too much im not that bothered about the crowd, although there was only about 3 people in the place at the time. theres a special offer at the moment for 399 euro per year for the month of november, so im almost sold on that. just checking if theres anything similiar around for i commit to a year.

• Advertisement

that special offer is not a special offer imo.

like i said earlier,if you bargain them down,keep them interested they might give you a better deal.there has to be a better deal than that going,im certain of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KD11

that special offer is not a special offer imo.

like i said earlier,if you bargain them down,keep them interested they might give you a better deal.there has to be a better deal than that going,im certain of that.

you might be right there. apparently this "special offer" has being going for a lot longer than just november. ill be going in again tomorrow so ill see what happens. if i could get them down to 350 itd be alright. just looking at the leisure centre site and theyre 450 a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

anyone ever use the gym in the woodstock hotel any good ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

davy_b wrote: »
    anyone ever use the gym in the woodstock hotel any good ??

Think its ok but here it doesnt have a banch press (thought that would be a must for any gym)
    On the bright side it does have the pool for recovery purposes

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

Ozone on the Quin rd is €365 for the year. They dont have a pool, but Ive been a member there for almost a year, and I have to say I love it there. Theres a complete mixture of people going there, from complete fitness freaks, to people just starting out and not knowing how to use the machines (which was me 12 months ago). The staff are lovely, and check in with everyone on a regular basis to see how they're doing and if they need any help or advice. When you join, they will do up a training programme with you and this can be reviewed when you feel its getting boring or needs to be changed around. Id definitely recommend it and will be renewing my memebership in January.

• Advertisement

carmel27 wrote: »
    Ozone on the Quin rd is €365 for the year. They dont have a pool, but Ive been a member there for almost a year, and I have to say I love it there. Theres a complete mixture of people going there, from complete fitness freaks, to people just starting out and not knowing how to use the machines (which was me 12 months ago). The staff are lovely, and check in with everyone on a regular basis to see how they're doing and if they need any help or advice. When you join, they will do up a training programme with you and this can be reviewed when you feel its getting boring or needs to be changed around. Id definitely recommend it and will be renewing my memebership in January.

So rumors that its closing down are untrue?

they dont take card payments there which isnt a good sign is it:confused:

there is no way i would pay 365euro membership for the 0zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

So rumors that its closing down are untrue?

they dont take card payments there which isnt a good sign is it:confused:

there is no way i would pay 365euro membership for the 0zone.

Each to their own. If you wouldnt pay it, thats up to you. Im happy with it, and was just putting it out there. Havent heard any such rumors, so hopefully theres no truth to what you've heard.

carmel27 wrote: »
    Each to their own. If you wouldnt pay it, thats up to you. Im happy with it, and was just putting it out there. Havent heard any such rumors, so hopefully theres no truth to what you've heard.

Carmel im only saying i wouldnt pay 365 because you can get it for less.

i didnt pay anything near 365 for my membership........... @ the ozone.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭roseym

For people looking for pay as you go classes and who aren't bowled over by Famous etc in Ennis gym, there are spin circuit classes in Fitness Solutions in Roslevan and Darren there is brill, a gabillion (real number I swear :D) times more intense than other classes I've been at. I seriously nearly died my first time! He has a ticket system, you buy them in blocks and then have to use them within a certain time frame. It's not as big as the other gyms and doesn't have a pool but for a good workout i don't think you'd beat it.

There's also a new place above the Liam Cleary garage on the Ennis Rd called WA Fitness and he has a pay as you go system for pilates and core classes, not sure what else he does. Haven't been but heard bout the guy setting up the classes, he was with Banner before and was supposed to be really good.

Ennis has huge choice on this front when you think about it, dunno how they make a living!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bannermaf

Banner Martial Arts & Fitness does pay-as-you-go fitness classes for 8.00 per class. The Fitness Studio has Men's "Core" Ab-Workouts, Women's "Core" Ab-Workouts, Women's Fitness Kickboxing, and also Kettlebell Workouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Fat Ass Alley, on the ring road €0 per session get your runners on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭blueshark22

Bump. Thinking of joining a gym for the new year, resolutions and all that! Anyone care to give some of their experiences etc. Any in the west county , how much is it, seems to be the only one open from 630am which suits me.

Advertisement