Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airtightness of a concrete built house

• 10-12-2008 1:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    We're about to commence building a new house with a cavity wall construction
    I am currently trying to get my head around the whole idea of airtightness as I know nothing about the whole thing other than it sounds like a good idea (that and a MVHR unit)
    Anything that I have come across on the internet appears to refer to timber frame houses, ours will be concrete

If anyone could provide some practical advice along the following lines I'd really appreciate it:
    1. is it a big deal in a concrete home?
    2. what additional work is required? (do I just tape up jambs etc, or do I need some form of membrane on the wall?)
    3. is there any website/resource that can provide me with independant advice?
    4. Any other considerations?
    Thanks for any help ye can provide

Comments

Advertisement