Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems with Equation Editor on Microsoft Word 2007

• 10-12-2008 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm running MS Word 2007 (Home and Student) on HP Compaq, Vista. I tried to insert an equation but it won't let me.....the equation button is grey/hollowed out and won't let me click on it.

Anyone know why this could be?

Thanks!

Ste

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If I remember rightly, it's not installed by default, it defaults to install on first use. And there's been a problem with that particular module going back a few versions of Word where install on first use may not work. If you've still got the disc, go into Add/Remove Programs or Installed Programs or whatever the version of Windows you have calls it in Control Panel, select Word and install it to run from your computer from there.

Of course, that mightn't be the solution but it's been the solution for every past version of Word faced with the same problem (I haven't done desktop support since before Word 2007 came out I'm afraid so I'm assuming this is still the reason why, certainly fits what you've described)

(incidentally, not a laptop-specific problem so moving it to the all-encompassing Windows forum)

Advertisement