Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Release dates for Nokia 6600's anyone?

• 10-12-2008 1:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭

anyone know when they are going to be available in Ireland? Seen the slide available on 3uk, interested in the fact it has opera mini. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

nuttlys wrote: »
    anyone know when they are going to be available in Ireland? Seen the slide available on 3uk, interested in the fact it has opera mini. :)
    the slide and flip will be available first week in Jan on 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You can put opera Mini on most 3 phones anyway, dosen't need to be a 6600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Walkman wrote: »
    the slide and flip will be available first week in Jan on 3.

I was told in a 3 Store that they would be out next week? As I'm getting one for my wife as a pressie?
    Are you sure about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

nuttlys wrote: »
    interested in the fact it has opera mini. :)

go to http://mini.opera.com and your current phone will have opera mini in seconds. it's free and will work on most phones.

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    I was told in a 3 Store that they would be out next week? As I'm getting one for my wife as a pressie?
    Are you sure about this?
    yes, it has failed network testing and has been sent back to nokia to get the glitches fixed before launch.

• Advertisement

yes, it has failed network testing and has been sent back to nokia to get the glitches fixed before launch.

Cheers Walkman, that will save my bacon for sure! Will have to think of another pressie! She doesn't like anyother 3 phones!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

these were in CPW in Rathmines yesterday for €229 on PAYG three network.
    my mam bought one up in Banbridges last week for £111.

nice little phone.

Which one failed testing the fold or the slide? What makes carphones version so special it passed testing?

kceire wrote: »
    these were in CPW in Rathmines yesterday for €229 on PAYG three network.
    my mam bought one up in Banbridges last week for £111.

nice little phone.

Interesting must take a spin to CPW so! Thanks!

Which one failed testing the fold or the slide? What makes carphones version so special it passed testing?
    they are the same, Carphone have the prices up but the phones not been launched yet. Believe me its gone back to nokia due to failed testing and wont be out till January. I see if I can get anymore information and post later.

• Advertisement

they are the same, Carphone have the prices up but the phones not been launched yet. Believe me its gone back to nokia due to failed testing and wont be out till January. I see if I can get anymore information and post later.

Hey Walkman

Did ya get that information on the phone? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

Will skype work on these? The 3 catalog says it will but when I looked it up its only a nokia s40 so no multi tasking. Any sign of the 6650 coming to 3? Looks a good spec for a fold phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

I bought the sim free 6600 slide 3 weeks ago from Expansys.ie.
    Nice phone but the music player gave problems from the very start, it constantly skipped tracks and on occasions totally crashing and would only reboot after 2 minutes. It was totally random and could happen any track at any time.
    I checked the software and it was on the latest version. Sent it back to vendor requesting a new replacement and awaiting their response.
    BTW anybody know if I can claim the shipping costs back from expansys?

Hey Walkman

Did ya get that information on the phone? Cheers

Yes, phones will definately not be launched until Jan. As I said they are gone back to Nokia to get some bugs ironed out before they launch, as for Skype I dont know. Ill ask and post back as soon as I find out.

mcguyver wrote: »
    Will skype work on these? The 3 catalog says it will but when I looked it up its only a nokia s40 so no multi tasking. Any sign of the 6650 coming to 3? Looks a good spec for a fold phone.

6650 not coming to 3 sorry.

Yes, phones will definately not be launched until Jan. As I said they are gone back to Nokia to get some bugs ironed out before they launch, as for Skype I dont know. Ill ask and post back as soon as I find out.

Thanks for the info, will probably wait for it now at this stage!

Hey Walkman, have you any follow up info on this phone, still no sign of it on 3?

Hey Walkman, have you any follow up info on this phone, still no sign of it on 3?
    Last i heard it will be end of jan early feb. 3 are waiting on nokia to fix the bugs they found when doing network testing for the phone. If i can get a more definate date ill post back.

Wont be out until end jan early feb. 3 are still waiting on nokia to fix the bugs they found when testing. Sorry but i forgot to ask about the skype, ill ask my mate tomorrow and post back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Whats the deal with recycling names for old phone models?

I know the 6650 might have been a 'forgotten' phone, although Nokia's first 3G phone. but the 6600 is fairly popular. they havn't released 10,000 different models yet so why do they need to re-use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

towel401 wrote: »
    Whats the deal with recycling names for old phone models?

I know the 6650 might have been a 'forgotten' phone, although Nokia's first 3G phone. but the 6600 is fairly popular. they havn't released 10,000 different models yet so why do they need to re-use?

I'm sure you meant 3650, but I agree. How many model numbers do they intend to recycle this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I'm sure you meant 3650, but I agree. How many model numbers do they intend to recycle this year?

no the 3650 was 2G. and looked like a pokemon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

towel401 wrote: »
    no the 3650 was 2G. and looked like a pokemon

Oops, my mistake! I swear I read somewhere that it was Nokia's first 3G... ah there it is, it was Nokia's first video capture handset. :p

I never liked the 3650 as it looked very odd and the buttons were crazy difficult to get used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kreontas

o2 has it for 220 yoyos pay as you go

kreontas wrote: »
    o2 has it for 220 yoyos pay as you go

linky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

complete and utter lack of imagination i'd say ....

I wonder will they ever dare use the name 6310i on a new phone, now that would be a brave move...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kreontas

o2 have these phones i saw them in 02 in blanch

kreontas wrote: »
    o2 have these phones i saw them in 02 in blanch

Dummys have been in shops since November, did you see a working one?

• Advertisement

mcguyver wrote: »
    Will skype work on these? The 3 catalog says it will but when I looked it up its only a nokia s40 so no multi tasking.
    Latest I have heard is skype will be on the slide but no info on the fold yet. Second week in feb is date for launch on 3.

Advertisement