Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical recycable goods?

Options
  • 10-12-2008 8:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi,I have a hoover and radio that no longer work.Does anyone know can I just put them in a wheelie bin(mr.binman)or do they have to be specially disposed of and if so where do I take them?Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Pshan

afaik you have to bring them back to supplier or recycle at a recycling centre, some place like Mungret. Also, afaik, if you just have electrical goods for recycling in Mungret you wont be charged the entrance fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Cards,

You could put them in the wheelie bin but you should really bring them to mungret. Its free as pshan said.

Anything electrical is free, there is a charge for other waste. I brought an old computer down and the guy said I could dispose of the computer for free but If I wanted to dispose of the cardboard box it was in it would be €10. He then checked the boot on the way out to make sure I still had the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Hooked

Theres a place in Rhebogue, just past the Musgrave Cash and carry (RHS) that takes electric recyclables too in case that side of town suits better.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

There's a WEE depot on the Ballysimon/Tipperary road (not sure which its called these days). Its part of Hegartys waste management.

http://www.hegartymetals.com/Limerick.htm

http://www.hegartymetals.com/about.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭cards

Cheers everybody! I've just fished them out of the wheelie bin and put them in the boot.Nice job!Poh!! Anyway,does anyone know the name of the place in rhebouge as thats the one closest to me?
    Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

No its just next to Musgraves. As your are looking at the door of musgraves it on your left. You cant miss it for the amount of recycling bins in the compound and the big sign saying Limerick City Recycling Compound. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Is it free to dispose of electrical goods there too? I remember being there 2 years ago but can't remember if I got charged. Unless someone wants to buy an old surround sound system that works but is ****e and an actucal video player. Don't know why I still have a video player.

Advertisement