Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Aob Match Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    CRACKING GOAL

This is why I hate having to watch matches on my laptop. I always miss the early goals looking for streams. Arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

tevez should have scored there

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

31: GOAL JAKOBSEN! Augustinussen's superb's free-kick into the Man United box is knocked into the bottom left hand corner of Kuszczak's goal by Jakobsen's flicked header. It is 1-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Super Goal by Tevez, Utd looking shakey apart from that, a great strike none the less!

****ing giggs

he really does my head in

and aalborg have just scored

i would love to be a fly in the man utd dressing room at half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Great header!!! 2-1 to the danes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

:eek: 1-2

But a great header

guys i'm not trying to be a prick but I could make some tasty money from this. So please lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Nani :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

mayordenis wrote: »
    guys i'm not trying to be a prick but I could make some tasty money from this. So please lose.

how much

split it and we have a deal

It's not spectacular but at this time of the year it would be a bonus to the credit card.
    have bet 4 euro on aab will make about 70 if they win.
    bet 5 on porto will make about 10 if they win, so all in all I need the english teams to lose.
    Or christmas is cancelled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Prick :)

Going to be an interesting dressing room I would say. But Fergie could take alot blame for that. Gibson on the right is stupid. If Rafa was at Rb at least he would provide some width on that side. But with Neville and Gibson it's useless. United playing like they have for alot of the season. Start off well then get complacent and too complicated/fancy then fall asleep.

At least Celtic seem to be taking there game seriously.

Aalborg 2nd goal was a great goal

reminded me of the Crespo goal

when he knocked us out of the CL

scholes and park coming on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Aalborg 2nd goal was a great goal

reminded me of the Crespo goal

when he knocked us out of the CL
    Great header but terrible defending, giving the ball away needlessly and no pressure on the ball.

Giggs and Gibson off - Scholes :) and Park on for the second half.

• Advertisement

Cracking assist from Anderson, Uniteds best player tonight so far imo.

great goal by Ronney

Anderson!-son! -son!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

2-2

Great ball by Anderson and a good finish from Rooney :D

that's more like it

2-2 ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEEY

Nice ball by Anderson ,assist count raising

goodbye sweet money

• Advertisement

It's not spectacular but at this time of the year it would be a bonus to the credit card.
    have bet 4 euro on aab will make about 70 if they win.
    bet 5 on porto will make about 10 if they win, so all in all I need the english teams to lose.
    Or christmas is cancelled
    goodbye sweet money

I can PM you the number of a Hostel that does a decent Christmas Dinner , if you want ?:D

I'm in work christmas day anyway ****in grinch

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

utd playing very well now. really bossing the play and putting aalborg in their place. they can be such an intimidating team to face, so many clever footballers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

technically correct, though i am nearly positive a player successfully appealed a double yellow last season.

If the referee writes in his report that he was wrong to book a player, it will can be appealed. After that though, there is nothing that can be done.

Tevez really should have at least a hatrick at this stage, some poor finishing.

That was a perfect example of why I have doubts over tevez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

19 games unbeaten in champs league. Poor performances from us tonight. O'Shea was terrible, no striker on bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Shockin result.

But I guess top of the group and all they'll say is performances don't matter as much at this stage of the competition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Anderson in the last 3 games is beginning to show the form he had last year, he's just a great passer of the ball, reminds me of Scholes, and thats something special.

Top of the group, vs....

Inter
    Sporting
    Atletico Madrid
    Lyon
    Real Madrid

That's rough enough. I'd like Sporting obviously, then Atletico and Lyon, then Madrid or Inter. I expect Madrid, we ain't played them in a while, and as we all saw last year, the draw is actually rigged.

If we were 2nd, we'd have the pool of,

Roma
    Panathinaikos
    Barcelona
    Bayern
    Porto
    Juventus

It's pretty much much or a muchness. Barca and Juve both as good as Inter or Madrid. Then Panathinaikos and Porto are easy draws, Bayern and Roma about as good as Lyon and Atletico.

PHB wrote: »
    Anderson in the last 3 games is beginning to show the form he had last year, he's just a great passer of the ball, reminds me of Scholes, and thats something special.

1+

ya he's coming along nicely but i still like to see him going forward more often

• Advertisement

he is but didnt show enough urgency when giggs was on at times. He looked like he was leaving playmaking up to giggs. Maybe they were his orders.

Agreed regarding his form. Pity it's coming at time when Scholes is also coming back could have done with it earlier. Still if he can keep it going and keep improving he will have a good future.

Amazing how quickly Scholes got into the game today. Still showed there is a gulf in class between him and Anderson and well most midfielders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

as we all saw last year, the draw is actually rigged.

Dude, as we all know, the entire competition is rigged.

Skud wrote: »
    he is but didnt show enough urgency when giggs was on at times. He looked like he was leaving playmaking up to giggs. Maybe they were his orders.

I think this is the problem with Anderson at the moment. One game he is being asked to concentrate on the defensive side, the next being asked to playmake. I know we have needed it this season and last. But he would benift massively by having a run beside stable partner for a few games.

i was looking at the 1st Aalborg goal

am i being to harsh in blaming pig/Kuszczak for his position and brutal attempt of a save

am i being to harsh in blaming the pig for his position and brutal attempt of a save

Possible, but I wouldn't be too critical of it myself. I think you just want to say I told you so. :)

Possible, but I wouldn't be too critical of it myself. I think you just want to say I told you so. :)

dammit (shakes fist)
    im found out :D

am i being to harsh in blaming Kuszczak for his position and brutal attempt of a save
    I dont think so, I thought he could have done better too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rooney - disgraceful. 3 sending off situations. Didn't hear Dunphy calling him a disgrace, if it was Ronaldo, Berbatov or Gerrard it would a different story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Supermanscat

I dont think so, I thought he could have done better too.

As a keeper, i felt he was flat footed for it to be honest and should have done better!

As a keeper, i felt he was flat footed for it to be honest and should have done better!

wrong position. Was a bit too far off his line.

Trilla wrote: »
    Rooney - disgraceful. 3 sending off situations. Didn't hear Dunphy calling him a disgrace, if it was Ronaldo, Berbatov or Gerrard it would a different story.

ya agree it was a disgrace tbh

very imature, i dont understand he's behaviour tbh

he shouldnt let it get to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

In fairness to the lad, he has not been as good a footballer since he lost his fire. Remember when he was doing that every couple of weeks, Ihave alwasy felt that the fight was what made him top class rather than just very good.

Could definitely have gone off a couple of times tonight and he scored a couple, seems it is working out for him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

So what happened tonight? ^^

Fair play to Aab, fashioned one or two openings and scored them both. We wasted a fair few chances, and seemed a bit lost for inspiration when we needed a win.

Rooney... what to say? Sometimes I think he's one of the world's best, then he puts in those performances like tonight's. He's inconsistent as hell.

In fairness to the lad, he has not been as good a footballer since he lost his fire. Remember when he was doing that every couple of weeks, Ihave alwasy felt that the fight was what made him top class rather than just very good.

1+

your right Thanx 4 The Fish
    he doesnt know how to channel it
    he lets his frustations out on the pitch

he should get one of those stress balls:D
    acutally scratch that, he'll probly do a Lucas Neill:pac:

if he played in the league and did those tackles he'll be off

. We wasted a fair few chances, and seemed a bit lost for inspiration when we needed a win.

ya tevez was brutal in front of goals tonight

a top quality striker would have finished those chances off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

1+

ya tevez was brutal in front of goals tonight

a top quality striker would have finished those chances off

Fair point but would Berbatov even have bothered to make some of the runs ?

redout wrote: »
    Fair point but would Berbatov even have bothered to make some of the runs ?

we'll never know

depends what berba turns up

the lazy one or the very lazy one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

we'll never know

depends what berba turns up

the lazy one or the very lazy one

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

All this "fire" bullsh'it. Rooney was a DISGRACE last night. Out of character and out of order big time. End of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

Trilla wrote: »
    All this "fire" bullsh'it. Rooney was a DISGRACE last night. Out of character and out of order big time. End of

True. Notice how there's no thread dedicated to what a despicable person he is a la Ronaldo?

And people here say they've no agenda when it comes to the winking winger! Gimme a break. Sad *******

• Advertisement
Advertisement