Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sup hunters

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Ivan wrote: »
    I have been, and always will be talking about PvP.
    Depending on spec, Runes are generally vastly more important than Runic power.

So much knowledge and all from a level 63 on beta!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

sunzz wrote: »
    So much knowledge and all from a level 63 on beta!! :p
    Well, there is that.

And there is speaking with, grouping with and dueling against 2 DKs who have been 80, doing heroics and pvping, almost assuredly longer than anybody else on these forums ;)

But you go ahead and be sarcastic. I've already commented how I'm open to correction. I was the one to mention my limited experience playing the class.

But you let me know if you want to continue the discussion :D

Posted by ivan And there is speaking with, grouping with and dueling against 2 DKs who have been 80, doing heroics and pvping, almost assuredly longer than anybody else on these forums

No point in taking it further you obviously know people that have played the game longer than anyone on these forums, I guess thats why you post here.
    Ah if only I could make assumptions about everything wouldn't life be great.

No point in taking it further you obviously know people that have played the game longer than anyone on these forums, I guess thats why you post here.
    Ah if only I could make assumptions about everything wouldn't life be great.
    You seem to have completely lost sight of the point of this here conversation. You claimed I implied I had no basis for my opinions, I was merely showing that I have.

If you want to continue to waste perfectly good sarcasm on nonsensical circular arguments, then I'm afraid I'll have to take my leave ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

stfu_noob.jpg

:)

• Advertisement

My point is simply if you haven't played a class be it raiding end game content or pvp endgame talking to a few mates who've played the class and giving their opinion only to reiterate it here doesn't make you an expert on said class.

I'll take my leave there 2. Btw I was talking to this warrior in org the other day, he was telling me about tanking, think I'm going to write a brief synopsis of the class for people to read over.

Heh, I think ivan pointed out in the beginning that he was no expert on this. But um... I'm not getting involved :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I know Ivan does not need anyone speaking for him.
    But as a hunter who has played in End game + 1750 in PvP raiting as a hunter "ok im crap at pvp". And i would class my self a good hunter who would 95% finish each raid with top DPS in all 25person or 10person raids. And finish top by a long way, Ivon knows his stuff. And has helped even me in the past with his wisdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

REPORTED

Please avoid the personal abuse Big Knox. You wont get another warning.

And drake, next time you reply to a post as "Reported" you might want to actually click on the report button first :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

:rolleyes:

lol alan

Posted by Ivan
    Will be interesting to see how they work out in arenas though, but I suspect they will have an average showing at most. A novelty at first, almost certainly and some really skilled people will evolve from them, but on the whole, I think alot of the cookie cutters of old will remain true with some new cookie cutters appearing too. Hai Feral Druid!

http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/2v2/
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/3v3/
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/5v5/

Frost is all TEH RAGESSSSS LEOL :p

Best tell those death knight friends of yours you speak so highly of to shape up and start learning to play their class :D

http://eu.wowarmory.com/team-info.xml?r=Thunderhorn&ts=2&t=Bubblelol&select=Bubblelol

http://eu.wowarmory.com/team-info.xml?r=Thunderhorn&ts=2&t=One+amigo+was+shot&select=One+amigo+was+shot

I've shown you mine, now you show me yours...

And while my quoted comment may yet turn out to be completely wrong, it is still only 2 weeks into the new arena season.

It really isnt frost that is all TEH RAGESSSSS LEOL, it's unholy. Which is being nerfed next patch.

But yeah, really looking forward to seeing your rating :) Heck, ratings all round from the pro DKs from boards!

My frost is all the leol comment was with regards to you saying nothing but frost would be viable in arenas, be it 5v5 etc, hence it turns out unholy is the way to go which fair enough is getting nerfed next patch, not dramatically by any standards, but I agree 0/50/21 or 21/50 will be the way to go.

This was never about me saying I was amazing in pvp, this was merly me pointing out that your whole rant about death knights doing **** dps in arena and having an average showing and not being viable unless it was frost was just well...........but we can't blame that on you it was your DK friends who have played the game more than anyone here and pvpd more than anyone here who led you........................

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emeriss&n=Dday

My frost is all the leol comment was with regards to you saying nothing but frost would be viable in arenas, be it 5v5 etc, hence it turns out unholy is the way to go which fair enough is getting nerfed next patch, not dramatically by any standards, but I agree 0/50/21 or 21/50 will be the way to go.

This was never about me saying I was amazing in pvp, this was merly me pointing out that your whole rant about death knights doing **** dps in arena and having an average showing and not being viable unless it was frost was just well...........but we can't blame that on you it was your DK friends who have played the game more than anyone here and pvpd more than anyone here who led you........................

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emeriss&n=Dday
    You are funny Sunzz. On the one hand you say I'm right and with the same hand try to make lulz about how what I said was bull****.

The one thing you've failed to comment on was why DKs and Paladins are doing so well in arenas atm.

It's not because of your loldps, it's because of your survivability. At the heart of which is icebound fortitude and bone armor. Both of which are being nerfed next patch. Making frost significantly more useful in arenas next patch and with the nerfs to unholy arena viability, well... we'll see how my predictions seem in 2-3 weeks time. If they are still as far off base as they seem now, I'll be the first one to say so :D

I kinda agree with ivan, DK's by far do not have the highest dps in pvp... Not even close to be honest, but they are such a pain in the hole to kill. Over the last week ive been doing alot of 2v2 (prot warrior pvp resto shammy) and 3v3 (prot warrior, same shammy and an frostfire mage) Almost every 2v2 ive come up against is dual dk, or retridin/dk, fury warrior/dk. GRanted, my arena teams are probably the weakest of combos out there, but **** me DK's just dont want to go down and when they do that damn zombie lol. Oh well, nerf comming up :)

I'll tell you exactly why we do well, out of every 2v2 healer team, a PALADIN has the most survivability considering resil is gimped at the moment, you show me a DK who restacks boneshield in arena. NO decent 2v2er or 3v3er goes for a dk, they go for the healer and try to force an early bubble if they can force a bubble they have a chance to win if they don't its game over.

As for why we are doing so well thats easy, HOJ + GAR + STRAN + MIND FREEZE + GHOUL STUN = WIN

All we have to do versus a paladin/dpser is force an early bubble by my pally stunning the other paladin with hoj when he's bubbled we wait 1 min by me peeling off whatever dps is on my paladin, DND with fear, ice chains , death grip, the minute HOJ is back up I gargoyle, thats about 2k + my dps + the paladins burst + my strangulate (silence for 5seconds) mind freeze + ghoul stun if needed. - arena over.

I said you MAY be right next patch, unholy is getting nerfed but as stated, fly over to arena-junkies and look at the forums NONE of the dk's sitting at 2k rating there say they stack back boneshield nor do I, so thats not a huge nerf.

Whats a nerf is IBF but verus rogues we still get our 12 seconds immune to stuns/fear same as locks so the + dmg we take really is nothing when you consider we have both runetap + mark of blood up so I dont think IBFs nerf is going to hurt, the ONLY thing in my opinion that will hurt is DND being revamped to a 10% chance to fear, as we all know this wins games for us versus any piller hugging/double dps teams

Reason we do so well has nothing to do with IBF/BS its got to do with the insane amount of dmg we can put out over the second HOJ whilst keeping the healers stuned/silenced, and fearing teams to death.#

Anyway why are you asking me these questions? don't you have the best dk players around. :p

As for not having high dps. The only class that puts out more dps than me in a 2v2 / 3v3 arena is a BM hunter with readiness, OH THANK GOD FOR BM HUNTERS NERF :D

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2180/dkdmgim5.jpg

I'll tell you exactly why we do well, out of every 2v2 healer team, a PALADIN has the most survivability considering resil is gimped at the moment, you show me a DK who restacks boneshield in arena. NO decent 2v2er or 3v3er goes for a dk, they go for the healer and try to force an early bubble if they can force a bubble they have a chance to win if they don't its game over.

As for why we are doing so well thats easy, HOJ + GAR + STRAN + MIND FREEZE + GHOUL STUN = WIN

All we have to do versus a paladin/dpser is force an early bubble by my pally stunning the other paladin with hoj when he's bubbled we wait 1 min by me peeling off whatever dps is on my paladin, DND with fear, ice chains , death grip, the minute HOJ is back up I gargoyle, thats about 2k + my dps + the paladins burst + my strangulate (silence for 5seconds) mind freeze + ghoul stun if needed. - arena over.

I said you MAY be right next patch, unholy is getting nerfed but as stated, fly over to arena-junkies and look at the forums NONE of the dk's sitting at 2k rating there say they stack back boneshield nor do I, so thats not a huge nerf.

Whats a nerf is IBF but verus rogues we still get our 12 seconds immune to stuns/fear same as locks so the + dmg we take really is nothing when you consider we have both runetap + mark of blood up so I dont think IBFs nerf is going to hurt, the ONLY thing in my opinion that will hurt is DND being revamped to a 10% chance to fear, as we all know this wins games for us versus any piller hugging/double dps teams

Reason we do so well has nothing to do with IBF/BS its got to do with the insane amount of dmg we can put out over the second HOJ whilst keeping the healers stuned/silenced, and fearing teams to death.#

Anyway why are you asking me these questions? don't you have the best dk players around. :p

As for not having high dps. The only class that puts out more dps than me in a 2v2 / 3v3 arena is a BM hunter with readiness, OH THANK GOD FOR BM HUNTERS NERF :D

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2180/dkdmgim5.jpg
    I'm not asking you any questions.

I never said I had the best dk players around, I said they were likely more experienced than any player on these forums playing a dk, including you. For some reason you seem to have taken great personel offense to this.

Versus paladin + dps, dks are great. And I agree, for 90% of fights you would be right to go for the paladin, force a bubble and then renuke. But that, and you can confirm with your own paladin about this, that is because compared to most other healer classes, paladins dont really have alot of outs once bubble is used.

The reason paladins are working so well, especially with dks, is because of the sheer survivability of the team. But with paladins you effectively have to nuke them down twice, with a 12 second shield added to the mix. Targeting the dk doesnt help either, since he has even better survivability. But the reason arena dks dont reapply bone armor? Is because nobody is crazy enough to focus you, over any other class in the game. If they did focus you, you can be pretty sure bone armor would be worth using again ;)

Just think about what that means for a second. That means that you have the highest survivability over every class in the game, even the paladin with a stun, possibly a silence and a 12 second divine shield or druids with their kiting ability all pale in comparison to a deathknight for staying alive.

You focus the paladin, because he would die more quickly than if you focused the deathknight.

Yes the pala would heal, but he can be pretty easily cc'd and locked out of the fight for quite a long time since one you lock the holy tree. Then he's just a waste of an arena partner.

Dont get me wrong, DK dps is formidable, especially with that crazy 0/39/42 build but you dont have nearly the same burst as the other animal dps classes with burst. Rogues/mages/BM Hunters and even enhance shammys all burst me down faster than a dk does and with far more control than mind freeze, strangulate and dnd.

Advertisement