Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car insurance

Options
  • 10-12-2008 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭

I got in my renewal this morning for my car insurance. On the no claims discount certificate it say I have 4 years no claims. Although I have only been insured for 3 years. Is my insurance invalid for an incorrect no-claims-discount? Or should I take the benefit of an extra 10% discount off my premium?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I'd just ring them if i were you and have a nice chat with them. Raise your query and concern but say if they commit to giving you the 4 years no claims discount price, you'll stay put with them (that is of course if the price is agreeable to you). Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You might have been given an introductory bonus?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

I'd just ring them if i were you and have a nice chat with them. Raise your query and concern but say if they commit to giving you the 4 years no claims discount price, you'll stay put with them (that is of course if the price is agreeable to you). Simple.

I didnt realise they were negotiable on that sort of stuff. Their quote is quite reasonable, I dont think I am going to find better anywhere. Im 20 and driving a ford fiesta. Fully comp is €850 under their student deal. Its AXA by the way. Anyone know of anywhere else that does a student deal? Going to ring around for quotes today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

OP,i got an extra year with AXA too this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I got an insurance quote directly through axa last week of €1251. Rang McCarthy insurance in fermoy and got the same axa policy for €570. Might be worth giving them a call...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

EPM wrote: »
    I got an insurance quote directly through axa last week of €1251. Rang McCarthy insurance in fermoy and got the same axa policy for €570. Might be worth giving them a call...

Age?

Type of Car?NCB?

What type of coverage?

Thats some reduction to get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Everythings is negotiable. Quinn Direct's pricing attracts young drivers tho' look closely at the cover you're buying.
    Tho' the moral of the story is to shop around!
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

I got off the phone there with AXA and they told me it was a printing error, but my quote is still the same.
    I have shopped around, and so far my original quote from AXA is the cheapest.

Im looking at €864 with AXA, fully comp. I think thats a good enough deal as I am going to get.
    For a few of the others out there, the 4 I tried were all within €10 of eachother. FBD, McCarthy (recommended here), Quinn and Alliance were all around €1260 for fully comp.

Advertisement