Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Horn Randomly Blowing

Options
  • 10-12-2008 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

I was driving down the road this morning and my horn just started blowing intermittently on its own. First I thought I might've hit it with my elbow or something, but then it just kept on going.

I was getting the strangest looks, it sounded like I was coming back from winning a match or something. Except it was 8 in the morning!!

Anyone have any ideas what could've caused this?

It's a BMW 01 318Ci.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

I suggest ringing Spin 103.8 in the morning and entering their competition, you may as well make something out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Have any mates like these guys? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Same thing happens intermittently in my 523i. There is something loose in the steering wheel that is hitting off the horn button. A tap on the horn usually shuts it up! Haven't bothered to have a look at it myself as I don't want the airbag going off in my face! It's not a major problem (happens about once a month max) so I'm fecked if I'm gonna spend money getting it fixed right now. Got bigger fish to fry this time of year!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Same thing happens intermittently in my 523i. There is something loose in the steering wheel that is hitting off the horn button. A tap on the horn usually shuts it up! Haven't bothered to have a look at it myself as I don't want the airbag going off in my face! It's not a major problem (happens about once a month max) so I'm fecked if I'm gonna spend money getting it fixed right now. Got bigger fish to fry this time of year!

Thanks I'll give that a try if it happens again.

I'm driving from Dublin to Limerick today after work; knowing my luck I’ll be behind a squad car and it’ll start blowing.:mad:

Honestly guard it did it itself.:o

Advertisement