Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP on UCD wireless network

Options
  • 10-12-2008 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi

I know there's been quite a few threads on this subject but none of them have solved my problem which is basically that I can't surf the internet on the UCD network via my PSP.

I can connect to the access point, get an IP address and then.............the request to the server times out......no internet connection whatsoever!

I know that you have to manually enter network proxy settings on the PSP and I've tried all the following but to no avail:

proxy.ucd.ie, port 8484
    proxy4.ucd.ie, port 8484
    proxy6.ucd.ie, port 8585
    proxy7.ucd.ie, port 8484
    proxy2.ucd.ie, port 8585
    proxy8.ucd.ie, port 8585
    proxy5.ucd.ie, port 8484
    proxy9.ucd.ie, port 8585
    proxy1.ucd.ie, port 8484

Getting my PSP connected is by no means central to my further education now but still it would be nice:).

Any help is much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Can you choose 'automatically select proxy for this network', or something to that effect? Try that.

Otherwise:
    http://www.ucd.ie/itservices/itucd/wireless/

The url is apparantly: http://proxy.ucd.ie/proxy.pac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Fr. Larry Duff

Hi Dave

Unfortunately there's no option to automatically detect proxy settings, they have to to be specified manually. I've tried entering http://proxy.ucd.ie/proxy.pac but no joy......

I can use the PSP on my home network and any hotspots anywhere else in Dublin but just not in UCD. I also know that iPhones and the like work fine using the proxy settings specified on UCD's website......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

huh, strange!

Well in that case your best bet would be to go to the IT support place in the Daedalus building. You walk in the door, and it's on your right-hand side (in the laptop room).

They'll take a look at it and hopefully provide a remedy!

already tried it!

they were really helpful, but couldn't figure out what I was doin wrong!

just checking to see if anyone else out there has had the same issue.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

It doesn't work with my ds but I've never tried seeking help. I've just assumed that UCD blocked them to stop people using them for gaming

• Advertisement

No I don't think that's it because when I went into Daedalus about it the guy there really tried to help me out but just couldn't figure out why it wouldn't connect......sigh.....

Advertisement