Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stove Query

Options
  • 10-12-2008 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

i'm about to get a full house renovation done & put on an extension, we're planning on putting a solid fuel stove in the new extension area which will be open plan,
    however my issue is should we go for a stove with a back boiler and hook this up with the radiators in the house?

as we're gutting the house it might be relatively cheap to do BUT with huge benefits....just worried about how easy it is to operate a heating system with both gas and a stove with back boiler....

any thoughts appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I would definitely recommend putting in a solid fuel stove with a back boiler as it will heat your radiators as well as your room. The heat from the solid fuel stoves last longer, unlike oil heating when it switches off the radiators are cold within 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭skinner2x

bamboozle wrote: »
    Hi All,

i'm about to get a full house renovation done & put on an extension, we're planning on putting a solid fuel stove in the new extension area which will be open plan,
    however my issue is should we go for a stove with a back boiler and hook this up with the radiators in the house?

as we're gutting the house it might be relatively cheap to do BUT with huge benefits....just worried about how easy it is to operate a heating system with both gas and a stove with back boiler....

any thoughts appreciated!

I'd recommend it also. I'd did it with mine. Its mentioned already, but the heat continues long after the CH is off. I find if I put a large fire on before going to bed, it keeps the rooms warm for a hour longer, an I don't need the CH on in the morning. You would need a circulating pump on a thermostat for it to work effectively. (you can also heat your hot water with it)

Advertisement