Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor prices rises in txts & calls - Pay as you Go

• 10-12-2008 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

Was just checking my account online, and just noticed the call and txt charges have risen this month with only 2 plans available. Dec 6th it was cheaper and Dec9th i notice they jumped in price :mad:

I was never notified of this. Txts gone from 9c to 12c and mobile-mobile call charges from 25c to 29c as well as mobile-landline gone up form 25c to 29c with both having a minimum call charge of 9c. :mad:

Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Did you change to the Anytime package recently? (It happens automatically if you opt for the Free Texts offer).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

And they've gone up with the VAT rates recently as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

No, didn't change to anything. Was always on anytime plus and never took up any of the special offers.

On their website, they now only have 2 plans, the Anytime Choice and Anytime International.

Even though i'm on Anytime Plus for years, the call/txt charges are the same as the Choice one. So i've now changed to the latter as its on cheaper rates(somehow it is)

Its just damn sly what they did.

Meteor Anytime Choice Meteor Anytime International
    Rate Per Minute All Day Every Day

Meteor to Meteor 29c* 25c
    Text Messages (ROI) 12c 9c
    Text Messages
    (other countries) 25c 15c
    Meteor to Landline (ROI) 29c* 25c
    Meteor to Other
    Networks (ROI) 29c* 25c

*Minimum charge of 9C applies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

As long as meteor to meteor free txts are still available I dont care, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Tallon wrote: »
    As long as meteor to meteor free txts are still available I dont care, lol

You still have to pay 20quid up front every month!

Anyway, whats the purpose of Anytime Choice now that it is way dearer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

gurramok wrote: »
    You still have to pay 20quid up front every month!

Anyway, whats the purpose of Anytime Choice now that it is way dearer?

20 Squid a month is nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Tallon wrote: »
    20 Squid a month is nothing
    I think you missing the op's point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I'm on anytime plus and my rates don't seem to have changed - a txt sent on the 9th was charged at 9c. But I'll be keeping an eye on it!

edit : altho' having looked at the anytime plus page, the txt rate is (now?) quoted as 12c, but perhaps that's a typo?

if you didn't request or authorise a change in plan they should put you back on anytime plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

they're all pushing up the price. 3 desperately trying to get people on their new more expensive plan

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

The pre pay price changes have been implemented across all pre pay tariff plans.

The changes include:

Minimum call fee - 9c (on all pre pay tariff plans)
    Standard SMS fee - 12c (on all pre pay tariff plans)

These changes will be implemented in two phases:

8th December 2008 – Anytime Choice, Anytime Xtra, Anytime Plus, Leisure time Plus.

7th January 2009 - Anytime International, Anytime Plus, Leisure time Plus, Anytime Original, Leisure time Original, International Plan.

• Advertisement

towel401 wrote: »
    they're all pushing up the price. 3 desperately trying to get people on their new more expensive plan
    How are 3 desperately trying to get you onto their new plan?

Walkman wrote: »
    How are 3 desperately trying to get you onto their new plan?

well for a long time they would have a long recorded message about it on 444
    calling people up and trying to convince them.
    the two texts i mentioned before.
    and other ways too i can't think of right now

7.Ronaldo wrote: »
    The pre pay price changes have been implemented across all pre pay tariff plans.

The changes include:

Minimum call fee - 9c (on all pre pay tariff plans)
    Standard SMS fee - 12c (on all pre pay tariff plans)

These changes will be implemented in two phases:

8th December 2008 – Anytime Choice, Anytime Xtra, Anytime Plus, Leisure time Plus.

7th January 2009 - Anytime International, Anytime Plus, Leisure time Plus, Anytime Original, Leisure time Original, International Plan.

without any form of notification? from Meteors' Terms and Conditions :
    We reserve the right to vary Charges at our discretion. In the event that Charges are varied we will post notification of such changes on our web site, in-store and/or notify you via SMS or by post.

bad form from meteor. Looks like the Eircom mentality is winding it's way into Meteor. Time for a looksee at the other networks (altho' I doubt they're any better). I wonder how difficult it would be to wean off a mobile phone altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

Apparently it was advertised in the Irish Times on 5th November and the information has been available on meteor.ie since 8th December.

well for a long time they would have a long recorded message about it on 444
    calling people up and trying to convince them.
    the two texts i mentioned before.
    and other ways too i can't think of right now

The long message was an information message informing customers about the tariff, and as for the messages you got, i think you failed to mention the second message was an apology message as it was sent to the customers on the 5c plan by mistake, this is hardly getting people to sign up as the second message explained their mistake.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

A bit shneeky meteor..

I'm not happy.

7.Ronaldo wrote: »
    Apparently it was advertised in the Irish Times on 5th November and the information has been available on meteor.ie since 8th December.

no links to a price increase notification on either the homepage or the pay as you go page.

surreptitiously changing the prices on the pay as you page is not how a company should notify existing customers of price increases.

The long message was an information message informing customers about the tariff, and as for the messages you got, i think you failed to mention the second message was an apology message as it was sent to the customers on the 5c plan by mistake, this is hardly getting people to sign up as the second message explained their mistake.

I did get the second one.

by mistake? pfft. i'm not that naive. they also never said anything in the text about it being a limited time thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

€20 a month for free txts and calls to meteor ftw

I have about €80 euro cred at the mo cos i rarely ring any other networks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Meteor are a shower of gangsters, saving about 50 quid a month with vodafone, free texts to ANY network..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

Meteor have free texts to ANY network too
    ablelocks wrote: »
    I wonder how difficult it would be to wean off a mobile phone altogether?

it may be easier to just cut off your arms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Thats a bit sneaky..
    What if you dont read the Irish Times.
    Its not clear on their website.
    The new prices are advertised in the tariffs, but nowhere does it inform customers that the price is going up.
    Not even when you log in.
    Didnt get a text, email, letter or phone call. Its not even mentioned when you check your credit balance using *#100#

Very unimpressed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

I did get the second one.

by mistake? pfft. i'm not that naive. they also never said anything in the text about it being a limited time thing

Here are the two messages word for word: "From3: Great News! 3 has cut your any network text rate until 28/02/09 with no min top up required. Dont forget to tell your friends!" and the second text "Correction from 3: Please note your text rate is 5c, earlier message re new 3c rate applies to new 3Pay plan only, Apologies. Check My3 or call 333 for info.". The end date is clearly stated on the original text sent. The second text is clearly an apology to customers who received the first text by mistake. Where is the problem? Are you sure you didnt receive it and just failed to mention it? This is hardly 3 desperatly trying to get people onto the new plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

this is bad form. i tend to keep an eye on things like this and i heard nothing about it until this thread. i shouldn't be finding out about stuff like this on the web tbh

i'm still on anytime plus. does anyone know if these changes affect that tariff?

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    i'm still on anytime plus. does anyone know if these changes affect that tariff?

Might you be joining us again on the dark side Sam :-D

Might you be joining us again on the dark side Sam :-D

have you checked the weather report in hell? has it frozen over yet? :D

Sam Vimes wrote: »

the text and minimum call charges have changed, but it seems the 20c a minute call charge is still the same - for now.

Does anyone know the email address of customer care - I'd prefer to send an email to them rather than fill in the website contact form.

• Advertisement

the text and minimum call charges have changed, but it seems the 20c a minute call charge is still the same - for now.
    that was my reading of it too. excellent :)
    Does anyone know the email address of customer care - I'd prefer to send an email to them rather than fill in the website contact form.

info@meteor.ie i believe

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement