Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor prices rises in txts & calls - Pay as you Go

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Walkman wrote: »
    Here are the two messages word for word: "From3: Great News! 3 has cut your any network text rate until 28/02/09 with no min top up required. Dont forget to tell your friends!" and the second text "Correction from 3: Please note your text rate is 5c, earlier message re new 3c rate applies to new 3Pay plan only, Apologies. Check My3 or call 333 for info.". The end date is clearly stated on the original text sent. The second text is clearly an apology to customers who received the first text by mistake. Where is the problem? Are you sure you didnt receive it and just failed to mention it? This is hardly 3 desperatly trying to get people onto the new plan.

yes they are using temporary low rates to hoik you into a more expensive plan. did the first text not mention that it was 3 cents?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    that was my reading of it too. excellent:)
    Means now thought that we may as well talk for 27seconds each call (just to get maximum value and all that jazz). :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

towel401 wrote: »
    yes they are using temporary low rates to hoik you into a more expensive plan. did the first text not mention that it was 3 cents?

Apologies yes the first text did mention the 3c rate, my point was it also clearly mentioned the date the offer ended and the second text was sent to you because the offer did not apply to you as your on the 5c plan. Whats the problem??? Im missing your point!!! How is 3 getting you to sign up to a dearer plan when they state the date the offer ends and then an apology because your not entitled to the 3c offer, please explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

He may be inferring that it wasn't a mistake, that it was actually a way to make 5c customers aware of this change so that they may switch in order to get the 3c texts that they have had dangled in front of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

He may be inferring that it wasn't a mistake, that it was actually a way to make 5c customers aware of this change so that they may switch in order to get the 3c texts that they have had dangled in front of them.

That is exactly what he is saying, what I was saying is the text clearly stated it was a promotional offer with the end date on the text.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Walkman wrote: »
    Apologies yes the first text did mention the 3c rate, my point was it also clearly mentioned the date the offer ended and the second text was sent to you because the offer did not apply to you as your on the 5c plan. Whats the problem??? Im missing your point!!! How is 3 getting you to sign up to a dearer plan when they state the date the offer ends and then an apology because your not entitled to the 3c offer, please explain.

using a temporary low rate to get people to sign up to something ultimately more expensive is a rather cheap trick.

and it turns out that the guy who has been calling me at least twice a day from a blocked number for the past week or longer was actually 3 trying to get me on their new tariff. usually i don't answer blocked numbers but it was starting to bugg me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ProjectC

ok so the only thing thats changed here is

9c minimum call charge
    12c texts standerd

so if itop up with 20euro im going to get my free texts so that 1c more per text isnt going to effect me!! if at all!!

now 9c minimum to be is to combat the .5% vat increase cause dnt forget theyv kept there prices the same...unlike three who are not soaking it up but passing it on.

at the end of the day has anyone mentioned waht 02 did for there free texts to any network

did any on yee realise that it coast 1.09 cent a minute to call the uk??? up from 45c?? nope!!

yet meteors international call to uk is 50C

its not major at all!!

but i do accept that it was cheeky however its not a big deal!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭ablelocks

ProjectC wrote: »
    ok so the only thing thats changed here is

9c minimum call charge
    12c texts standerd

so if itop up with 20euro im going to get my free texts so that 1c more per text isnt going to effect me! if at all!

n.....

its not major at all!

but i do accept that it was cheeky however its not a big deal!

it's a 3c rise in text prices for me - over 30% increase.

it's a big deal anytime a company tries to get one over on it's customers.

ablelocks wrote: »
    it's a 3c rise in text prices for me - over 30% increase.

it's a big deal anytime a company tries to get one over on it's customers.

how is it a rise?? your getting free texts to anyone.youll only get charged that extra 30 percent if you fail to topup!!!!

even if it were 20c id be okay with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

how ur texts r free anyway???

and the 9c is an increase from 5c. thats to soak up the vat rate i assume.

and dnt say well i may top up by onl a 5 a month.then get off this plan.its not for you!

how is it a rise?? your getting free texts to anyone.

obviously your maths are as good as your spelling. I was paying 9c a text. I now pay 12c a text. that's how it is a 3c rise.

I have free texts to meteor phones only, because as previously posted in this thread, I'm on the older anytime plus plan.

obviously your maths are as good as your spelling. I was paying 9c a text. I now pay 12c a text. that's how it is a 3c rise.

I have free texts to meteor phones only, because as previously posted in this thread, I'm on the older anytime plus plan.

so in other words you want it all???

i wnt bother argueing with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

use cabbage for your non-meteor texts ;)

~2c each

i find the cheapest for myself is the 5c meteor calls and cabbage for all texts. can't beat 5c meteor calls, 20c other net calls and 2c texts to all networks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Should have gotten free texts to all networks so.

Nerin wrote: »
    Should have gotten free texts to all networks so.

but then your call rate goes up to 29c from 20c.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

but then your call rate goes up to 29c from 20c.....

Yup,which was explained to me when i took the offer. Free texts and the internet offer do it for me.

I never said I wanted free texts (or "it all", whatever that comment meant). If I had wanted to change to the newer plan to avail of free texts I'd have done it long ago. I'm staying on the older plan because that is the cheapest pay as you go price per minute.

(Already installed and using cabbage thanks Sam!)

Nerin wrote: »
    Yup,which was explained to me when i took the offer. Free texts and the internet offer do it for me.

ah well you see with my cabbage program i have free texts anyway and the internet offer also applies to my tariff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

how is it a rise?? your getting free texts to anyone.youll only get charged that extra 30 percent if you fail to topup!!!!

even if it were 20c id be okay with that

Not everyone commits to 20quid a month hence those users outside this 20quid lark get hit with the 3c rise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

ah well you see with my cabbage program i have free texts anyway and the internet offer also applies to my tariff

Whats this internet offer you speak of?:confused::confused:

Horgan wrote: »
    Whats this internet offer you speak of?:confused::confused:

just the 99c a day for 50mb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

just the 99c a day for 50mb

Yeh, but it depends on the reliability of the network operators website.

In this case, Meteor website is more down than up, past experience of AFT comes to mind.

can you please explain that more..your point you made had nothing to do with what i said??? so why quote me??

also i am not up here defending meteors price rise i am here to show my opinion on the fact that your actually asking meteor to be the cheapest and the have the best offer.

if you want cheap standered text then go to tesco. ifm you want 20c calls go to tesco.

or buy a 5c text bundle from meteor if you dnt wnt to move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

I have just noticed this Meteor price hike. They have broken their own T&Cs by not texting me or mailing me about the 33%-75% (international texts) price jump. How can they justify these kind of hikes at this time?

I anyone else here tempted to jump ship to Tesco Mobile? Their offer with the 2 for 1 top ups is looking more attractive by the day.

It might be time that we all turned our back on Meteor and jumped on the Tesco free calls and texts en mass ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Fungus wrote: »
    I have just noticed this Meteor price hike. They have broken their own T&Cs by not texting me or mailing me about the 33%-75% (international texts) price jump. How can they justify these kind of hikes at this time?

I anyone else here tempted to jump ship to Tesco Mobile? Their offer with the 2 for 1 top ups is looking more attractive by the day.

It might be time that we all turned our back on Meteor and jumped on the Tesco free calls and texts en mass ...

Yeah, Tesco. Right then.

It's impossible for them to notify everyone. There were ads in major newspapers, and the website was updated. These are standard and accepted methods of notifying people about things such as changes to T+Cs, Product Recalls etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

Would it have been that hard to send every customer a text message? I think not. Most people would not regularily access the meteor website. I read newspapers every day and never saw anything in relation So if they did...it must have been on a minuscule level....and blatantly insufficent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Good thing i noticed this thread. I send a lot of international texts, and from looking at my account, they have gone up from 15c to 25c since the 8th December. Not happy with this at all, sneaky ba*tards , no wonder i was running out of credit so quickly.
    I tried changing to anytime international, and it said i would lose my free any network SMS. Can I re-signup to the free anynetwork sms once I have changed plans ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement