Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VHI Plan - what does it cover?

• 10-12-2008 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hello,

I have a VHI Company Plan plus policy in work. My wife is pregnant and I'm just wondering does anyone know would my policy cover her hospital stay, etc. or what exactly it covers?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

In Holles st to go semi private I pay 260 euro and 110 for the anomaly scan with my vhi.
    http://www.vhi.ie/info/lifestages/index.jsp maternity is listed.

For example on First plan plus -

Maternity Benefits

Full cover for up to 3 days private accommodation in a public hospital or an allowance of €2,275 towards up to 3 days accommodation in a private maternity hospital.
    Up to €869.81 towards doctors' fees while you are in hospital having your baby.
    Up to €2,275 towards the medical expenses incurred for a home birth.
    Your newborn baby is covered free until your next renewal date.

Though pretty sure you can't go public for the pregnancy and private for the birth.
    Also look at the midwive led schemes,I knew nothing about them and wish now I had.

And Congrats:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭denhamd2

Thanks I'm very chuffed and excited at the moment :) I'm not sure if that is the same as the plan I have. Do you know anything about the Company plan plus one?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Aww,it is so exciting:)

Nope, it does not seem to be listed so it maybe first plan plus but under the company plan.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Aww,it is so exciting:)

Nope, it does not seem to be listed so it maybe first plan plus but under the company plan.

yeah its our first so mixture of nerves and excitement really. I found something here:
    http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=html&cd=2&url=http%3A%2F%2F74.125.113.132%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dcache%3AJDT5SjKR4toJ%3Awww.vhi.ie%2Fpdf%2Fproducts%2Fcompany_plan_plus.pdf%2Bvhi%2B%2522company%2Bplan%2Bplus%2522%2Bpregnant%26hl%3Den%26ct%3Dclnk%26cd%3D2%26gl%3Die%26client%3Dfirefox-a&ei=hKU_SfnnFdyLmQeI_NHsDg&usg=AFQjCNEliLXXflhVaUoJ4DEE1tlq-vjRJQ&sig2=kW417hFytOUAm9Dv-Zweog

I know this is a stupid question but does my plan cover my wife? What I mean is I can avail of the maternity benefits on my plan right? as she doesn't have this plan...

No idea ,you would need to ring them.
    You can claim the tax relief for what you pay on her behalf though.It is only at the lower rate of tax from next year so if you are going private or semi private try pay it this year if you pay tax at the higher rate.

• Advertisement

Moonbeam wrote: »
    No idea ,you would need to ring them.
    You can claim the tax relief for what you pay on her behalf though.It is only at the lower rate of tax from next year so if you are going private or semi private try pay it this year if you pay tax at the higher rate.

ok thanks for your help mate :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

The maternity benefits would be dependent on the product that your wife has, the cover you have doesn't affect it. Is she a dependent on your policy or does she have her own cover?

Advertisement