Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test canceled because of weather

Options
  • 10-12-2008 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

I had my driving test canceled today because of the frost, I was told it would be processed this evening and I would hear back from them within a few days with a new test date.

Has anyone had this before? How long where you waiting for the new test? It's with SGS Kilkenny BTW.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hardluck, it's a bit annoying, but it does happen, especially with the current cold snap, dealing with black ice is not something you'd want to learn mid test!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭TheElf

Yeah I was a bit annoyed alright, Because I have put in the work and I'm prepared, not even worried to be honest. So it was a pity not to get my fair wack at it, hopefully I won't be waiting to long for the re-test!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Could you maybe ring them and see if they get a cancellation today since you're ready to go and all? Or are they cancelling all tests throughout the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭TheElf

ergonomics wrote: »
    Could you maybe ring them and see if they get a cancellation today since you're ready to go and all? Or are they cancelling all tests throughout the day?

They canceled all for the day, the tester packed up and drove out behind me!

I'm going to give them a ring tomorrow and see if there's an opening tomorrow, or in the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I had mine cancelled in KK SGS in April due to the tester being involved in an accident while out on a test. I had to wait 6 weeks for a new date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

TheElf wrote: »
    Has anyone had this before?
    It's very common. As well as the safety aspect another reason is to prevent unsuccessful candidates claiming that they were unfairly treated as they had much more difficult driving conditions that others had.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

yeah happened to me aswell in naas in 2004, it was snowin in april

Advertisement