Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of fitting fold-up attic stairs?

Options
  • 10-12-2008 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering what would be considered reasonable payment for the labour of installing a fold-up attic stairs? A relation of mine is doing it, and he is very good at any building and home improvement stuff. I'm thinking no less than 100 Euro I guess, but what about an hourly rate for such a job, as I don't know how long it would take ...?
    Many thanks.
    /M.

P.S. Off the top of my head, I think Stira quote ~400 all-in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I fitted my own attic stairs about 8 years ago, it took over 2 hours (probably because I was working on my own and the stair unit is heavy and akward to manage on your own). I think I'd want to be earning between €40-50 per hour, so €100 sounds ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭rod flanders

He's a neighbour so just give him a bottle of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

...and ask him to wash your car on his way home!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I fit them for 130 euro. depending on the fit. Is it measured to go between your joists?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

...and ask him to wash your car on his way home!:D

...and get him to cut the grass since he's near the car.

I got a neighbour to put my stairs in for €120 at a daily rate, since it only takes about 3 to 4 hours work, he did other work in the house on the same day.

It must be said I get this man on a regular basis so maybe he would charge other people more.

(He wouldn't cut my grass for me)

• Advertisement
Advertisement