Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Moyes

Options
  • 10-12-2008 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

I heard a rumour that David Moyes is unhappy with no money to spend at Everton and could be interested in the Sunderland job.??A few people with connections in english soccer have backed him at fancy prices..Anyone here hear this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I heard a rumour that David Moyes is unhappy with no money to spend at Everton and could be interested in the Sunderland job.??A few people with connections in english soccer have backed him at fancy prices..Anyone here hear this??

Heard these rumours aswell, but i backed him to be the next Celtic manager with Strachan going to Sunderland, as a celtic fan I can honestly say if this happens I will gladly give my winnings to charity, I will be that happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,414 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I have him backed with a fiver at 310/1 on betfair since saturday, the guy on sports bag mentioned it so i stuck it on straight away. Probably wont happen but if it does I'll have a great xmas !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Moyes is an Evertoian through and through .Think he has done well to get them in the position they are in on League table .Be surprised if he does go, although nothing really surprises me anymore in football .

• Registered Users Posts: 45,414 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

latchyco wrote: »
    Moyes is an Evertoian through and through .Think he has done well to get them in the position they are in on League table .Be surprised if he does go, although nothing really surprises me anymore in football .

Everton have a very limited budget though and will do for the foreseeable future. They are trying to move from Goodison but thats proving difficult for a number of reasons.

I think if Moyes left Everton they would struggle in the league, hes a quality manager.

Im not sure if he an Evertonian through and through though, hes from Glasgow and didnt he support Celtic as a boy??;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Everton have a very limited budget though and will do for the foreseeable future. They are trying to move from Goodison but thats proving difficult for a number of reasons.

I think if Moyes left Everton they would struggle in the league, hes a quality manager.

Im not sure if he an Evertonian through and through though, hes from Glasgow and didnt he support Celtic as a boy??;)
    He could have jumped ship and might still do due to the fickledom of English football managers however... ....Moyes loves a challenge and great at motivating players .I do agree if he leaves they would struggle and if the right offer is put in front of him ..who knows .I hope he stays , at least until his new contract with Everton is up .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Total and utter rubbish.
    Yet you signed a new five-year contract in October?

I always have belief. I do see things changing here and I think this is the right club for me just now. I see this as an unfinished job. I’ve helped make this club better and I don’t want to say, ‘It’s time to give up on Everton’ Far from it. This is the time we need to pull together to get through this little period because, if we can, we’re not too far from kicking on.

When he signed the new 5 year contract a few weeks back he knew what cash Everton had to spend for the foreseeable future.

People who listen and spread rumors like this are wishfully talking out of their pockets unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bins

:eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

For Moyes to move from Everton to Sunderland would be a totally mad move. If he is eager to jump ship soon, there will be better jobs coming available in the next few months. I can't see these rumours being true, but this is only my personal opinion of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Am I the only one who thinks that these next manager markets are the bookies' favourite bet? Seems to only take one rumour from a taxi driver who dropped X manager off at Y training ground and suddenly X is in from 100/1 to 6/4 fav. Look at the Ireland job, I think there had been twenty different favs by the time Trap got the job.

My advice - keep your money in your pocket unless you really know something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Indeed, the next manager to go will be Phil Scolari

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Moyes going to sunderland

hahahaha

Alex Ferguson got a better chance of going there....

Advertisement