Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuvi 770 POI Problem

Options
  • 10-12-2008 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm heading to London this weekend and want to locate the hotel on the sat nav before I go.

When I go to "Where To", then I choose "Near a Different City", type in London, then "Points of Interest."

However, the only POI's that appear are Fuel and Transit.

Can I only look at all the POI's once I'm in London or is it a problem with my maps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Hmmm, loads of hotels turn up when I do that on my 760.

Anyway, if you know the postcode of the hotel (and if not, just Google it) just search for an address, select "Change Country" > United Kingdom and then enter the post code, and the house number and Bob's your uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

When I said the only POI's that appear are Fuel and Transit I meant they're the only icons that appear.

I wonder if I removed the maps and re-installed them would it help?

jamieh wrote: »
    When I said the only POI's that appear are Fuel and Transit I meant they're the only icons that appear.

I wonder if I removed the maps and re-installed them would it help?
    Oh, OK, I get you. On my 760 I get all the categories appearing when I select London in the Near... dialogue.

Personally, I wouldn't go messing about with your maps if I were you seeing as you're going away this weekend .. the possibility that something will go wrong meaning you're totally without your GPS is too high. I virtually never use the POI's myself .. they're often out-of-date or just inaccurate. For your immediate, specific problem, the postal code really is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

I just deleted the maps and re-installed...found the hotel on the POI's.

Thanks for the advice - sorry for going against it :D

jamieh wrote: »
    I just deleted the maps and re-installed...found the hotel on the POI's.

Thanks for the advice - sorry for going against it :D
    Glad to hear it worked, anyway !

• Advertisement
Advertisement