Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scuffle at NUIG last night

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

kayos wrote: »
    Honestly when your going to come along and be all high and mighty about other peoples spelling and grammar and start talking about how highly educated you are.... hell even back in 1st class a teacher would be taking out their red pen to the above.

Also comments about coming on here and spamming the thread to get it deleted is a childish reaction. People have different views on different matters and you seem to be intolerant of those views. If in a public debate someone was putting across points you did not agree with or like would you put duct tape on their mouth so they would not be able to voice them?

You will find that a vast number of people on boards have a 3rd level education that or they have yet to reach it. We have been there at some point, when some part of the student body had something to protest, looking back on it most were a storm in a tea cup. I can not even remember what it was when I was in college but I do remember there was something. I don't remember as I was in lectures and labs trying to learn while the activists went out marching, strangely enough with a pub as their finishing point.

While I can admire people standing up for what they believe in and was actually the first one to post here that the bit of timber was most likely a stick missing its card (have to ask the question why still carry it and have it raised). But the actions lately have been questionable I mean "occupying" his offices? Protest outside fair enough and you might have got a lot more notice from the passing public and maybe a bit more support.

For one I think the cutbacks in education are a mistake, but I would be more talking about the cuts in primary, second level and special needs. The issue of fees for third level well I would agree to the introduction of fees to the families that can afford it as long as that money was used to fund the college and not going back to central government for them to spend on hair cuts and private jets.

Exactly.
    Shut the fupp up the lot of ye.
    It's either FF-voting wage-slaves or idealistic young undergrads.
    It looked like about 30people under the arch, out of a population of how many thousand students?

Bloody shambles.
    Thread locked for cross site knicker-twisting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement