Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what type of sauce to have with fish cakes ?

• 10-12-2008 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi A friend of mine makes lovely fish cakes and has made me some to freeze and have for christmas day starter. Now I need a sauce to put with them and am looking for something simple to make. I will have a little salad with it also.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Sauce gribiche - take a three of four big dollops of mayonnaise and add two tsps of chopped capers (the salted kind if you can get them), two chopped hard boiled eggs and a little chopped parsley. Thats it.

Oops - forgot the dijon mustard - about 1 tsp or to taste

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Tartar sauce, similar to above and a wedge of lime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Sweet chilli sauce and a fresh coriander salad ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

+1 for sweet chilli, pour a portion into a small ramekin or egg cup to serve beside fish cake.

If buying (rather than making) tartare sauce be careful, so many taste like bad salad cream.

Advertisement