Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E66 - Issues and Questions

• 10-12-2008 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Just bought one of these jobbies, looks a decent piece but I've a few queries.

Every time I go to maps, it wants to connect to the internet to update - I didn't think that this would be necessary. How do I stop it from doing this?

The battery doesn't last very long - I've turned off WLAN scanning and Bluetooth in the hope that these were draining the power but it doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

Has anyone any cool apps that are useful for the phone?

How difficult is it to use the phone with gmail? Is there a step by step guide available to show me how to set it up?

I'm on Meteor if it helps.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

connundrum wrote: »
    Every time I go to maps, it wants to connect to the internet to update - I didn't think that this would be necessary. How do I stop it from doing this?
    afaik it downloads maps as you go. press options->tools and untick go online to stop it

also go into options->tools->settings->internet and untick go online at startup

those instructions are for an n95 but it should be similar

and i prefer to use google maps with the gps. better interface but you'd need to have a data package
    The battery doesn't last very long - I've turned off WLAN scanning and Bluetooth in the hope that these were draining the power but it doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?
    the battery doesn't last very long on these phones. how long are you getting? i get about a day and a half unless i use it a lot. i have a spare battery that i keep in my pocket
    Has anyone any cool apps that are useful for the phone?
    currently i have installed:
    opera mini
    google maps
    opera mobile (symbian version of opera mini. not free)
    gmail app
    sling player
    divx player
    Joikuspot - turn your phone into a wifi hot spot
    IRL cinema guide
    youtube
    Bart - bus and rail times
    Cabbage - cheap texts
    Fring - skype, gtalk and a few more
    How difficult is it to use the phone with gmail? Is there a step by step guide available to show me how to set it up?
    https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78887

Advertisement