Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Publications for use in a Practice

• 10-12-2008 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26

Hi People,

I started doing Accountancy in England just over a year ago for a practice and loved it. I moved back to Ireland just over a month ago, and whilst their i learned some great tips and advice for ltd companies, etc

Such as; how to take a holiday through the company, best use of dividends whils paying low wage, but just enough to claim state pension etc etc all these tips whilst been legal.

Such books/publications which are all UK published and very good newsletter by a company tips and advice TAX, does Ireland produce any books like this or is there any socites i can join and pay membership for newsletters whcih will contain this information.

Unfortunatley at present with the current suitation in Ireland i had to take a job in the corporate section, so i have no link'2s to an Irish practice.

Can somone pleas let me know if the English publications are ok to use in Ireland etc, i have contatcted IATI and ICTI but both were not helpfull.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Bren1609

Pat,

The Irish and UK tax system are very similar. Ireland used to be part of the British commonwealth so the priciples of tax in Ireland and UK are almost the same (somebody can jump in here and correct me if im wrong). The tax planning texhniques that you mentioned I assume would work in principle, however the tresholds or the tax rates may be different.

If you have no joy with AITI try revenue but it may take some time to get through to the right person. You could also try www.tab.ie

There's also another Irish online forum www.askaboutmoney.com and they have a thread specifically for taxation and alot of people on there are qualified tax consultants or accountants. Most of the posts on here are trainee accountants posting about exam and work related issues so it's not the best forum to get tips or advice.

I'd be interested to hear more about the stuff you learned in the UK that you mentioned in your post. Can you send me the link by private message or just post it up here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Without spending a fortune on the irish tax institutes publications

www.revenue.ie is quite informative, as there are statements of practice on most things there.

There are a lot of tax differences as we split quite some time ago and tax legislation is updated anually.

Pensions used to be half close but there was a big split in 1994.

Advertisement