Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where does my money go?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭dave999

rrpc wrote: »
    Well you're on it now and it's a much bigger list than it was a year ago, so perhaps the next time you'll get an email.

I've also updated the NTSA list from the membership forms, so that should be more effective as well.

Lads, if it helps, I use skype to send sms/text messages to our members if something out of the blue happens (cancellations, urgent news etc), or just informing/reminding them.

Texts are cheaper on skpye as well.

Simple:
    Get a sype account and add some €'s.
    Add names to contact list (or under tools 'import' all the names you need)
    Sent sms - Tools, send sms, click or add a contact(s - can add multiple contacts if needed).
    Type & send your message (texts over 60+ words split into 2 texts (so keep it brief).

Loook out for any rejections if not all contatcs are sent the text (it tells you its been sent or otherwise).
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

We use clickatell.com for the same thing dave - works out at about 2c per text (we just front-load it with €50 every six months or so) and it's set up for group texting. Web interface, desktop app interface, email interface, the lot. There's a few others like them out there as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Sparks wrote: »
    We use clickatell.com for the same thing dave - works out at about 2c per text (we just front-load it with €50 every six months or so) and it's set up for group texting. Web interface, desktop app interface, email interface, the lot. There's a few others like them out there as well.

Depending on the quantity and frequency of texts that need to be sent, there's always webtext from Vodafone or O2.

Vodafone give their customers 300 free webtexts a month and O2 give 250. You can set up groups and contacts on the system, and just send your texts online.

That being said, it still depends on the numbers being up to date and people notifying you if they've changed theirs.

Edit: Even if you run over your limit, you could always get another person to use their quota so it remains free.

Sparks,
    Thanks for that I'll check them out (I know them from old I think they were called multimedia or multimode when I was in USA), the offering is cheaper.
    Dave

You can see that by noticing how things that have been done by one shooting group that proved a success, have been taken up by every other shooting group trying to further their sports. Websites, email lists, sms lists, PR campaigns, newsletters, organisational structures, pricing, and more - good ideas in all these areas get used by everyone eventually.

And that's a good thing. So hasten it along by dumping an idea into the public domain and letting everyone use it, instead of worrying over who gets credit for it. Open Source Target Shooting, if you will :D

So, if I have it right so far:
    Clarity on where the levies go and what it pays for (the original question).
    Something about reducing levies
    Something about shifting bits of the clay shooting season
    Something about improving the lot of the ABT shooter
    Something about 'birds only' at registered shoots
    Something about Junior levies and telling them to go abuse themselves.
    Statement of fact that ALL students are freeloaders and cannot survive without mammy (only sudents!!).
    Good stuff on communicating to members - news/changes via 'on line' options.
    Some organisations could be better organised as others.

Did I miss something out to work on?

Dave

I forgot to add that:
    some of us spend a massive amount of 'our' time organising, sorting paperwork (usully involving paying someone!) and in communication. This is thankless task and if we do really, really well we only get grief! Come on lads, help is needed to focus on improving the various disciplines (you know who to assist!).

• Advertisement
Advertisement