Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG viewty Vs Samsung Tocco

• 10-12-2008 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of getting either an LG Viewty or Samsung Tocco, any one have either of these / care to make a recommendation?
    As far as I can see they are both the same with the Samsung being a bit more expensive..?

Cheers for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

I've a samsung.

It's super cool. Easy to use. Texting is fine once you get used to it.

Brill camera(5mpx) with video editor. Cool widgets on home screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Thanks for the reply Leah, but as far as I can see the Viewty has all this and is €70 cheaper. Which is why I am confused :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

i had a viewty..its ok..some annoying problems with it ..such as the keyboars locking its self all the time when ur on a call and need to dial numbers for options etc

my mate has a tocco..id deffo go with the tocco..its a good bit slimmer/lighter and the touch screen is way more sensitive than that on the viewty..the only downside is that the screen is slightly smaller...and its a bit more expensive as you say

Doesn't the viewty have a qwerty keyboard??*ghey*

Anyway. I picked my tocco up on adverts.ie. A month old, with an 8gb memory card, receipts etc for e200
    eg...

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=83899&cat=14

bargain down ftw

Having a look here and both of them seem to have terrible battery life.

• Advertisement

mine would be fine with normal use. not major use for a day and a half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

cojomo2 wrote: »
    some annoying problems with it ..such as the keyboars locking its self all the time when ur on a call and need to dial numbers for options etc

You can change the time the viewty takes to lock in the settings;)

I'm 100% on the Viewty over the tocco, the Viewty ages well, mine has fell on the ground more times and the screen has never broke, I find the viewty a lot more user friendly......it's a hardy touch screen. If your a bloke i'd definatley choose the viewty....one of the most reliable phones i've ever had...

Get the Viewty....

Ah thats not what I wanted to hear, I'm leaning towards the Tocco now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

Oh what an interesting read. I was having the Viewty v Tocco debate with myself over the last week (should have searched here, but anyway...).

I went with the Tocco because I got it for €29 on upgrade. It's a damn nice and sexy phone and the widget thingy on the front screen is kinda cool.

I've discovered one major flaw though. It only seems possible to have a maximum of 100 appointments in the calendar. This is despite me having an empty half gig memory card insitu. I have much more appointments than that in my Outlook which used to sync up perfectly with my Sony Ericsson W910i.

Can it be possible that one can't expand the number of appointments the calendar holds (i.e. by using the free space on the memory card)?

If I can't find a work around I'll be bringing it back for the Viewty...(though I did just see an E71 and that looks kinda nice).

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MojoRising

hi all,due upgrade on meteor in less than 2 weeks,need to know either tocco or viewty was in meteor yesterday and was told impossible to get viewty told me i should get tocco,salesrep said you have to use stylus always with viety?!! any advice appreciated:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

To be honest, there's very little difference between the two handsets, so either should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Rsaeire wrote: »
    To be honest, there's very little difference between the two handsets, so either should be fine.

acordind to the site you linked to the viewty has better battery time

viewty (stand-by) up to 430h

tocco (Stand-by) up to 250h

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Where would be the cheapest place to purchase either one of these badboys?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

the viewty is 169 to buy on meteor pre pay

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MojoRising

anyone know any decent sites where i can get some decent themes,games for the lg viewty?
    thanks in advance:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

MojoRising wrote: »
    where i can get some decent themes,games for the lg viewty?

have a look around here http://www.mygreatphone.com/forum/lg-ku990/ ;)

Advertisement