Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To ski or not to ski?

• 10-12-2008 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

iv'e been seriously considering a ski trip these past few weeks and would appreciate ur help with regard to best locations,prices, and advice

a couple years past a group of 10 of us organised separate flights,accomodation, ski passes etc in andorra and saved greatly..we also spent 2 days in barcelona..

would you recommend this way again? we've only a small group of 4 this time...too many broken bones last time

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Next march will be my third ski trip.
    First one was a group package, last year was a diy, flights & half board hotel for just two of us.
    This time around, there's 5 of us, we've got our own flights & accommodation. Will get our transfers, ski hire, school & passes seperately.

I find this cheaper than through the likes of directski or topflight, once you can find a deal on flights & get good accommodation.
    For instance, we've got flights @ €140 each to Munich, apartment in Soll for €1200, add in €140 ski school, €80 ski hire, €180 lift-pass, €80 return-transfer thats everything for €920 or just €780 if you're experienced enough not to need school.

Edit: d'oh - including the ski pass now. :o
    Boy does it look like your getting a good deal - how many going at that price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Dont forget your lift pass

Im doing a DIY one too to Morzine
    Flights 160
    Transfer 40
    Lift pass 203
    Chalet 170

Lessons and lift pass 215 for newbies
    Ski hire 90

So mine is costing 573 and the newbies 675

CANT WAIT!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Was 10 but down to 7 now:( at least my board gets its own bed :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cluainri

thanks guys for the info

my first experience seemd to work out great...one of the girls organised the trip

-cheap ryanair flights 30e R
    -paid accomodation for 8/10-hey we were students at the time and we'd loads of sleeping room neway. 110e
    -standard price for equipment,few lessons and ski passes.210e
    -self catered (i learned how to cook that week) 20e
    -private transfers(early flights)..wasn't too pricey though 40e

i couldn't believe how good a deal it ended up.. i could add the evenings entertainment to d list but....

im gonna check a few sites now..see are there any good savings to be made

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Winter holidays are the best craic in the world imo! Go for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

always prefer the DIY, better craic, bit of an adventure and if you don't end up saving money, at least you will get exactly what you want - roll on Jasna!

Advertisement