Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone V's Nokia N95 for work?

• 10-12-2008 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I currently use a blackberry pearl 8100, while its ok it hasnt been great. I read the reviews for the new blackberry storm and it doesnt seem to be very good....

I was thinking of getting an iphone or an N95 to replace my blackberry and my other personal phone (to reduce costs.) I generally use about 1000 mins and about 800 texts. I would like to carry music, photos and videos for personal use.

I think the only O2 plan has 700 mins for the Iphone whereas I am currently on the Perfect 600 with Vodafone which gives me free vodafone to vodafone calls.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Neither of those 2 phones are suited for work, get yourself and e71

What's your average bill at the moment?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I use the iphone for work and it is a lot better than the E65 I had, it's especially good if you do a lot of collabrative stuff via websites. eg bug tracking, knowledge base stuff or project tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

I have two phones at the moment, one for work and one for personal use, together they come in at €180. I want to reduce this to about €100 but I wanted something like an Iphone, flash with a cool screen, good for photos, movies, music etc while still good for battery life etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

3 Ireland give 950 anytime mins for 99euro, you also get unlimited 3 to 3 calls, and if your handset is compatable, free sykpe calls and msn messages...

i have an i phone and i love it..but battery life mite let u down if thats what youre after..u will get 2 days usage if u arnt playing around with all the features all the time...but even with heavy usage, u will get a full day with the battery going into the red at bed time, so u wud have to charge it every night in that case..similar story with nokia n95, although i hear the battery on this is slightly worse than iphones..not much in it id say tho..

cojomo2 wrote: »
    3 Ireland give 950 anytime mins for 99euro, you also get unlimited 3 to 3 calls, and if your handset is compatable, free sykpe calls and msn messages...

i have an i phone and i love it..but battery life mite let u down if thats what youre after..u will get 2 days usage if u arnt playing around with all the features all the time...but even with heavy usage, u will get a full day with the battery going into the red at bed time, so u wud have to charge it every night in that case..similar story with nokia n95, although i hear the battery on this is slightly worse than iphones..not much in it id say tho..

I work all over the country and as such I wouldnt like to rely on the 3 network. Although to be honest I dont know much about them or what phones they provide.

The only thing that concerns me is if I run over the 700 mins. O2 have offered 5000 mins and 5000 texts for €99 but not with the Iphone. I dont know of any simialar phones apart from the N95 which I think is with Vodafone.

Anyone here a big user with a simialar phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Totally agree with this, both of those would be dreadful business phones. Just got an E71 and couldn't recommend it highly enough.

engrish? wrote: »
    I work all over the country and as such I wouldnt like to rely on the 3 network. Although to be honest I dont know much about them or what phones they provide.

The only thing that concerns me is if I run over the 700 mins. O2 have offered 5000 mins and 5000 texts for €99 but not with the Iphone. I dont know of any simialar phones apart from the N95 which I think is with Vodafone.

Anyone here a big user with a simialar phone?

if u go with 3 bill pay, coverage isnt an issue..they supply 3g coverage (the best 3g coverage), and anywhere 3g coverage isnt available, they have an agreement with voda to use their 2g services..so pretty well covered..

if u can manually switch from 3g to 2g even better..i have an i phone 3g, and where i work i get 1 bar 3g signal, if i turn off 3g, signal goes to full strength ..

also, 5000 mins and txts for 99 quid is great..so would u consider taking this offer up, and then buy an iphone3g prepay for 480 quid and just use that?

cojomo2 wrote: »
    also, 5000 mins and txts for 99 quid is great..so would u consider taking this offer up, and then buy an iphone3g prepay for 480 quid and just use that?

Do you not need a special plan for the iphone in terms of internet use etc?

Yeah the €99 offer is brilliant.

Totally agree with this, both of those would be dreadful business phones. Just got an E71 and couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Is an E71 any good as a media phone?

• Advertisement
Advertisement