Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which iPhone case to get?

• 10-12-2008 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭

So i'm taking the plunge into the iPhone world hopefully this week and I was wondering what people thought the base case for it was or more importantly I suppose whether a case is even essential?

It seems like a tough enough device, obviously you can't be chucking it around and the screen is pretty big but do people just carry it around without a case or is it essential?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Dr. Dodger wrote: »
    So i'm taking the plunge into the iPhone world hopefully this week and I was wondering what people thought the base case for it was or more importantly I suppose whether a case is even essential?

It seems like a tough enough device, obviously you can't be chucking it around and the screen is pretty big but do people just carry it around without a case or is it essential?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Hey, i just got an iphone too and am also wondering about a case..''it seems like a pretty tough device'' what makes u think that? i wouldnt agree..unlike most other touch screens, its made from glass...so even 1 drop is prob going to crack/smash it which i think cost about 300 euro to replace..most cases ive seen look ugly,..there is one thats not bad tho

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/TQ717LL/A?n=iphone1&fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MzA5ODQw&s=topRated

u can get similar ones to this for 2o euro..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Hey, i just got an iphone too and am also wondering about a case..''it seems like a pretty tough device'' what makes u think that? i wouldnt agree..unlike most other touch screens, its made from glass...so even 1 drop is prob going to crack/smash it which i think cost about 300 euro to replace..most cases ive seen look ugly,..there is one thats not bad tho

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/TQ717LL/A?n=iphone1&fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MzA5ODQw&s=topRated

u can get similar ones to this for 2o euro..

Well from holding it I thought it seemed fairly sturdy ya know, but I suppose all it takes is one bad drop. Thanks for the suggestion, that case isn't compatible with iPhone 3G which is what I'm getting, sorry should have stated that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Dr. Dodger wrote: »
    Well from holding it I thought it seemed fairly sturdy ya know, but I suppose all it takes is one bad drop. Thanks for the suggestion, that case isn't compatible with iPhone 3G which is what I'm getting, sorry should have stated that.

sorry, my mistake..i knew u were talking about the 3g one..but Incase make one for 3g model also..theres loads of reviews for cases on youtube..u should be able to see all the best ones in action there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Eoin Macollamh

I have two cases for my iPhone. The first case I bought was the Griffin Clarifi. I was happy with the protection it provided and liked the special clarifying lens for the camera (hence the name) but didn't love the styling. I especially didn't like the bulk or the fact that when using the phone as a phone, there's this ridge that sticks into my ear.

I then bought a Power Support Air Jacket (the clear one, not the rubberized black one) and it's great. It doesn't offer full protection but is the perfect balance for me of minimal case (nearly invisible) and some protection. It comes with a couple of sheets to protect the screen.

An unprotected iPhone will only survive a drop if you're lucky. With one of these, you still have to be lucky but the odds are improved.

So have people got their iPhone's insured? It would seem almost essential no? I don't want to be forking out a load of cash if it has one bad spill and breaks either..

"So don't buy an iPhone!" I hear people cry..

Not an option people!

• Advertisement

So I'm looking to get the Marware Sport Grip for iPhone 3G. Can you buy it anywhere in Dublin or do you have to order it online? I have the phone now so if I could get it quicker in Dublin I'd do that probably.

Advertisement