Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are the guys still selling Xmas trees in Charlesland?

Options
  • 10-12-2008 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Looking to pick up ours later and just wondered if anyone knew if these guys, are still there?

Knew Mick would get some competition soon!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Basil Brush

yeah, i was wondering myself. good to see a bit of healthy competition. also, less distance to carry them up to the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

They've been gone since the weekend, I think.

However, you can get free delivery of your Christmas tree this weekend (Saturday and Sunday only) if you buy one from the Greystones Mariners Baseball Club, which is continuing its fundraiser for one more weekend at the Scout Hall, Trafalgar Road (near the harbour). They are Nordman Fir, low needle drop (non-shed) trees & are organically farmed in County Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

I bought a Tree from Mick today up in Jackie Skellys - best and biggest tree I ever bought.

I was chatting to him and he was telling me he was disabled from a work accident a year ago and makes his living selling trees in December. He had to apply to seven different committees to get permission to sell up at the roundabout and pays a fee - those lads that set up shop on the green in Charlesland with a van (illegally!) got no permission and are just opportunists.

Mick delivered my tree to the front door 20 minutes after I bought it and gave me a €5 discount.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Loopers

Myself and my friend went to see the trees that were being sold in Charlesland and we were not impressed. Totally overpriced (€40-€50) and when we asked for a discount they just laughed and told us to be on our way!! We went up to Mick and got two huge trees for €35 each! And there was service with a smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Are you serious - €50 for a tree?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 and76

Yes I'd believe that we went last year to get ours but laughed when they tried to sell us a small tree for €50 got a fab one for €30 in Bray instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That's silly money. Place in Bray (if it's the one on Old Connaught) is gone now though :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Hacksaw and a van your only man :D seriously the price for a Christmas tree nowadays is robbery!

Yeh the garden centre is gone but they were selling them opp the Statoil last year too.
    Tis dear but you cant beat a real tree, just shop around and bargain them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Paid 40 for one in Enniskerry in the Christmas tree farm. They cut it down for you there and then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dubrunner

eoin wrote: »
    Are you serious - €50 for a tree?

Jaysus, that sounds like a rip off.

Mike, did you drive him away?

foxy06 wrote: »
    Paid 40 for one in Enniskerry in the Christmas tree farm. They cut it down for you there and then.

Thats cool might check that place out, is it near the village?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

foxy06 wrote: »

Done on that one! Paid €30 for a 7 foot one there on Monday!

Great fun going around with the kids looking for one that suited, the lads had a ball going through the forest :D

and76 wrote: »
    Thats cool might check that place out, is it near the village?

You need to go through Enniskerry, throught Kilmolin. It is beside the Pet Cemetary.

Once you go through Kilmolin there is a couple a serious left hand corners, the 2nd has a big barn on the right in view. Once you go past this there is a right hand turn about 200 metres up the road. That's where it is.

Great thanks for the directions, will check it out at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I drove past it the first time because the sign is hidden behind a tree so go slow and keep your eye out for it. It says Kilmolin nurseries and pet cemetary.

The kids really enjoyed it but it is really mucky up there so don't do what I did and get the car cleaned first!!

On topic. I got a tree off Mick two years ago when I was in Charlesland and would be happy to give him my custom if I lived locally.

Bring some wet gear if you can, saves you getting absolutely soaked.

Had a bloke looking at me like I was some kind of nutter when I was putting on the wet gear. An hour later he joked that he understood why I put it on :D

Advertisement